Associate Director of Internal Operations
The Associate Director of Internal Operations is a leader who is focused on achieving the following results for the Division of Athletics and Recreation:
- Delivers an exceptional customer experience to all visitors of the Ritchie Center through managing the various interactions that customers will have. These include parking, facility entry and access, transaction experience, facility quality, communication, safety, and servicing each customer's needs.
- Delivers high quality programming for internal/external clients through managing staff performance and development/execution of program plans.
- Manages marketing, development, sales and registration processes include goal setting, sales/registration process management and review.
- Manages and reports upon the overall internal operations budget to ensure budgets are being met and operations remain within parameters. This includes; monthly reconciliation, collections, transfers, billing, forecasting, development, deployment and analysis.
- Coordinates the daily operation of the facility through the training, deployment, and execution of the responsibilities of personnel.
- Responsible for providing leadership, management, training and coaching to all Ritchie Center personnel that reinforces the outcomes of the Division of Athletics and Recreation/Internal Operations strategic plan.
- Supervises and aligns positions of the document to deliver core values and outcomes of the organization.
- Responsible for providing research, data analysis, and input towards improving and executing the Division of Athletics and Recreation and Internal Operations strategic plan.
- Executes the deliverables and key performance indicators around the strategic plan to ensure the operation is delivering upon its promises.
- Responsible for developing an overall staffing plan for Ritchie Center Operations to provide the best possible service to customers that remains within budgeted parameters.
- Develops an annual plan for the operational area to address the key needs of our customers. This plan should contain outcomes, action items, responsible persons and timelines for execution.
- Responsible for the deployment, reconciliation, forecast and development of budgets within the Internal Operations responsibility center.
- Conducts a monthly analysis of overall budget to ensure that budget targets and allocations are on track and reports any issues or discrepancies to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Internal Operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all staff under supervision receive the necessary information in a timely manner to be able to perform their roles within the organization.
- Ensures that messaging from the Executive Senior Staff team is correctly communicated to other staff members.
- Works with the Associate Athletics Director of Marketing to execute customer surveys and evaluate the feedback related to the Ritchie Center Operations area.
- Conducts focus groups with staff and customers to understand and improve key issues and opportunities.
- Responsibility for the delivery of safety and quality in the Ritchie Center venues. This includes conducting a facility inspections, submittal of work orders for corrective items, and conducting immediate action on any safety or quality concerns that could impact our business.
- Develop facility improvement plans as needed and execute plans as appropriate. Serve as liaison with Facilities Department for Internal Operations area. This includes facility project needs, quality improvements and daily needs.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in a recreational environment.
- Previous experience managing people.
- Possession of the following certifications, or willingness to receive them upon hire:
- First Aid
- Blood Borne Pathogen
- Concussion Training
- Master's degree.
- 4-8 years of experience in a recreational environment.
- Systems knowledge in:
- Instructor for:
- First Aid
- Blood Borne Pathogen
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Friday, November 24th, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.