Assistant to Dean of Liberal Studies and Coordinator of Study Abroad and University Theme
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: AADSE
- Job Type: Full-time
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm, with occasional weeknight and evening hours for special events.
- Position Location: Longmeadow
The Assistant to the Assistant Provost of the Division of Student Engagement and Dean of Liberal studies will play an integral role in supporting student engagement and learning. The Assistant to the Dean is responsible for providing assistance with daily operations for Liberal Studies and other initiatives in the Division, including performing arts and the WELL program. The Assistant to the Dean and Coordinator of the University Theme and Study Abroad will provide oversight of these two vital programs.
- Provides direct administrative support for the Assistant Provost for Student Engagement and Liberal Studies, including but not limited to communications and scheduling.
- Oversees the provision of support for the Liberal Studies area and WELL program, including supervising student workers.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, screen calls and refer to appropriate department or person.
- Provide direct administrative support for the Liberal Studies area and WELL program, including producing faculty contracts, maintaining and/or completing departmental request forms, purchase orders, reimbursement forms, food service, and time off requests.
- Assists with the management of the budgets within the DSELS, especially those budgets related to Liberal Studies, the WELL program, and performing arts.
- Coordinates the University theme program, including publishing the event calendar, assisting with theme events, and assessment of the program.
- Serves as the Study Abroad Coordinator, which entails, in part, communicating with students and external partners, assisting students through the processes needed to study abroad, gathering and sharing data, and assessing program effectiveness.
- Represents the University Theme and Study Abroad programs at admissions events as necessary.
- Assists in the administration of the WELL program, including faculty scheduling and development of WELL experiences.
- Collaborates with various internal and external stakeholders in support of student engagement and Liberal Studies.
- Arranges events in relation to Liberal Studies and the Performing Arts.
- Provides editing and proofreading support where needed.
- Provides staff support for the Board of Trustees Committee for Student Engagement including taking minutes, preparing reports.
- Coordinates updates for related webpages and internal and external communications.
- Contributes to departmental reporting, including the year-end report.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other job related duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree required in a relevant discipline, such as Business or Education.
- Knowledge of higher education.
- Highly responsive to faculty and student needs.
- Strong interest in developing women as empowered learners and leaders.
- Highly-motivated self-starter who can take initiative and balance proactive and reactive approaches.
- Five years' experience in a professional setting, with at least two years' experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Advanced editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience in event planning.
- Ability to interact with a variety of audiences.
- Experience working with young adults in an educational setting.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended schedule including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- Deep commitment to the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.