CLINICAL RESEARCH COORD C
Duties: * Be the chief liaison person between the Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory and patients, physicians and other genetics/non-genetics professionals with requests for information on molecular genetic tests.
* Contact physicians and or referral for verification of billing and/or clinical information on tests requested. Oversee data entry into GDL database and assist business staff with invoice generation and interface with central billing.
* Another important responsibility is helping physicians and patients with interpretation of Uveal Melanoma genetic test results.
* Annually update of the GDL website, Gene Test registries and help with paper work for bi-annual State Inspections.
* To be part of talks on specific GDL cases or issues to be presented at rounds.
* Be part of an ongoing clinical research with Dr. Carol Shields at Wills Eye Hospital and help recruit individuals with ocular tumors and will include help with preparation of materials for the IRB including consent forms, study protocols for continuing review submissions. Travel to Will's Eye hospital may be required at times.
* Be part of an ongoing clinical research with physicians at CHOP and help with preparation of materials for the IRB including consent forms, study protocols for continuing review submissions.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and 4 to 6 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A Master's Degree or more preferred.
Reference Number: 40-27286
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research