Duties: The Office of University Communications seeks a highly motivated, professional video producer to develop original short documentary videos. She/ he will work with departmental staff, multiple constituencies throughout the University, as well as outside vendors to conceive, coordinate, record and edit original video showcasing campus life, faculty research and strategic University priorities. Duties include but are not limited to:
* Creation of video content (including all aspects of concept development, field recording and post-production) that promotes the University of Pennsylvania. Possible subject matter includes interviews with media experts, profiles of ongoing research and event coverage.
* Collaborate with departmental, University staff and occasionally outside vendors on story research, script development.
* Upload, optimize and organize video content within video-based social media channels (Youtube, Vimeo)
* Footage logging in digital asset management system. Asset retrieval and sharing with University staff and external vendors.
* Create original content and custom edits of larger videos for use on social media.
Qualifications: * Strong producing, storytelling and editing ability for the creation of short-format documentary style videos
* Strong sense of visual storytelling (composition, lens choice, lighting, motion, etc.)
* Bachelor's degree in video production, journalism, or related field; three to five years of professional experience in a production environment developing short-format documentaries or video news coverage or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Proven experience leading all aspects of video production.
* Concept development experience including: story research, pitching ideas, script and interview writing, outreach and shoot scheduling.
* Field production expertise including: location scouting, transportation, set-up/break down of equipment, camera operation, audio, lighting, and interviewing researchers, experts, students.
* Post-production expertise including footage evaluation, editing, logging, audio mixing, motion graphic design, color correction and distribution of quality videos.
* Expertise with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Creative Suite and/ or related post-production applications;
* Strong sense of graphic design for creation of basic logos and motion graphics
* Ability to comply with post workflow strategies within our Digital Asset Manager
* Ability to work with clients in a professional manner required.
* Ability to conduct quality on-camera interviews and make interviewees feel at ease.
* Extensive experience creating and managing complex, shifting production schedules while collaborating with other staff members;
* High level of motivation, attention to detail, passion for technology, clear communication skills, good time management, works well in a team, takes direction well, and good problem-solving ability.
* Proven ability to effectively manage multiple overlapping projects required;
* Links to a strong online portfolio or examples of work must be provided to be considered for this position. Portfolio must demonstrate polished cinematography, strong editing and creative motion graphics. Please note your role with each piece in your application letter or within portfolio.
* Must be able to occasionally work after hours and on weekends.
* Driver's license required.
* Must be able to carry 35lbs
* Knowledge of working in a higher education or related non-profit environment is preferred;
* Still photography experience a plus.
* Knowledge of graphic design
* Social media content creation
* Experience in CatDV
* Experience shooting S-Log3 on Sony FS7
* Drone operation certification
* Experience with Canon DSLRs, Canon C100 and Canon lenses
* Ability to repair equipment and troubleshoot post production software
Reference Number: 81-27254
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: University Communications
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: M-Writing/Communications/Public Relations