Dean of Faculty
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences ("PA College") is an accredited, private, co-educational institution that confers a variety of degrees including masters', baccalaureate, associate and academic certificate programs in several disciplines in the healthcare field. Located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania with a student body of over 1,600 students, PA College prides itself on delivering a solid return on investment of its students' dollars, time, and commitment. The College has a more than 100-year legacy of educating nurses and allied health professionals. In an environment where both higher education and healthcare are facing significant pressures, the College remains focused on its strategic plan to ensure agility and viability for the next 100 years.
PA College currently employs 332 employees, 211 of which are our experienced and highly-qualified faculty. Experts in their fields, our faculty are dedicated to innovation in teaching and excellence in practice. The College's affiliation with Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine enables the College to offer cutting-edge clinical learning environments that are second to none.
The Division of Academic Affairs invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean of Faculty.
We are seeking a forward-thinking, experienced and engaging educator to provide leadership and oversee the academic development of faculty in all programs of the College. Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Faculty will work closely with the department chairs and Faculty Senate on matters of shared leadership and shape the professional development of faculty through hiring decisions, faculty support, and strategic initiatives. View the Search Prospectus here: http://bit.ly/2zpYvV9
This position has an expected start date of July 2018.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Champion and embody PA College's high performing, learner-centered environment
- Serve as a faculty advocate, navigating and resolving faculty and academic issues and collaborating with faculty on academic initiatives
- Design, develop and implement programs and processes that help engage and professionally develop our faculty
- Coach department chairs in support of their teams, empowering your employees to build and foster an environment of excellence
- Encourage and ensure the highest standards in teaching, assessment of teaching effectiveness in both didactic and clinical education, and scholarship
We're excited about you because you...
- Hold a master's degree in an appropriate discipline (doctorate preferred)
- Are creative and energetic, with a passion for learning and teaching
- Have 7-10 years of progressive experience in academic leadership
- Are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusiveness
- Are tactful and diplomatic with a collaborative leadership style
- Possess a proven record of effective teaching strategies in higher education
You'll love working at PA College because we...
- Are dedicated to innovation in teaching and excellence in practice
- Work on a state-of-the-art campus specifically designed to enhance communication, collaboration and engagement of learners, faculty and staff
- Believe in a healthy work-life balance (we've been recognized for it!)
- Make a positive impact on the education of our learners on a daily basis (no matter the position)
To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received by December 18, 2017. Material review will begin immediately.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter of interest
- Current curriculum vitae/resume
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Two (2) letters of professional reference
Application materials, nominations and expressions of interest should be forwarded to:
Search Committee Chair
Office of Human Resources
ALL INQUIRIES ARE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE
Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and fosters a culture of inclusiveness.