STUDENT SERVICES TECHNICIAN
STUDENT SERVICES TECHNICIAN
(PROJECT FUNDED POSITION, CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING)
RESPONSIBILTIES: Under general supervision of assigned supervisor, perform a variety of technical duties in support of assigned student services area; provide students, staff, and others with specialized information, training, and assistance related to area of assignment; provide a wide variety of reference and resource information related to assigned function or program area; and perform other general program support and clerical assistance duties in support of assigned program area.
1. Perform a full range of technical, program support, and clerical duties in support of assigned student services program area.
2. Develop yearly calendar of events, workshops, and other schedules related to assigned activities and services; review, update, and inform others of essential timelines; coordinate assigned activities; assure the timely completion of work in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards.
3. Plan, organize, schedule, and conduct orientations, workshops, seminars, class presentations, tours, meetings, and other activities related to assigned program area; arrange and confirm speakers; reserve facilities and make other necessary arrangements.
4. Verify and review materials, applications, records, files, and reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures; apply applicable policies and procedures in determining completeness of applications, records, files, and reports; collect and process appropriate information.
5. Compile and tabulate statistical data; compile information from various sources and prepare appropriate forms, schedules, and reports; list, abstract, or summarize data; input and review data and prepare special and periodic reports related to an assigned project and/or program area including state and federally mandated reports; verify accuracy, completeness, and compliance to rules, procedures, regulations, policies, and other mandates.
6. Establish and maintain records including student records; maintain complex, interrelated filing systems including confidential files; collect, compile, and record narrative, statistical, and financial data and other information; research and verify information as requested.
7. May evaluate student records and transcripts for completion of prerequisite requirements; analyze transcripts for courses, units, level, content, and grade; interpret course descriptions; determine course applicability and code appropriately into college curriculum database and student record; input appropriate data into student's record.
8. Utilize various computer applications and software packages; maintain and generate reports from a database or network system.
9. Train and provide work direction to assigned student workers, clerical assistants, and other staff as assigned.
10. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to: two years of college with major course work in business or related field; and two years of increasingly responsible experience in a student services area involving frequent student contact.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Range 20, Steps 1-6, $3,811.00-$4,636.00. Initial placement for external applicants is Step 1. An excellent benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, retirement, vacation, generous sick leave package, and life insurance is available for the employee and eligible dependents.
WORKING DAYS & HOURS:
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Work schedule may be adjusted to meet the needs of the office, additional evening hours may be required. Occasional Saturday work may be required for operational needs of the department.
As soon as the successful candidate is identified and following the subsequent governing board approval.
All application materials must be received on-line at https://jobs.swccd.edu/postings/2424. Position is open until filled. Applications received by the first screening deadline of 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 10, 2017 are guaranteed to be reviewed by the selection committee. Any application received after the deadline is not guaranteed a review.
FAXED MATERIALS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Submit the following application materials on-line:
(1) Letter of application (cover letter)
(2) On-line application
(3) Supplemental Questionnaire
(5) Unofficial copies of college transcripts with date degree conferred
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline date. A separate, complete application packet is required for each position for which you are applying for.
All materials included in your application packet become District property,
will not be returned, will not be copied, and will be considered for this opening only.
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position.
If additional positions become available in this classification, applications received in response to this posting may be considered for those additional positions for up to 90 days after final board approval.
INTERVIEW TRAVEL COSTS MUST BE BORNE BY THE APPLICANT.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer and in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act,
Southwestern Community College District will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.