Student Financial Services Customer Support Specialist
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: SFCSS
- Job Type: Full Time
- Standard Hours: Monday - Friday
- Job Location: Longmeadow Campus
The Student Financial Services Generalist is the initial contact for the Student Financial Services Office providing professional and positive customer service to students and parents; greets students/parents entering SFS office to assess their concerns, assist in reconciling student tuition accounts; provides general financial aid information to students and families; plan and execute follow up procedures with the goal of closure in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Handles high phone volume in a positive and professional manner with exceptional customer service.
- Greets students and families entering the office and determines the nature of the visit to either assist the student or directs the student/family to the appropriate staff member.
- Provides student-focused customer service, ensures accuracy of student account, and answers/assists with financial aid and tuition account questions, process and documentation.
- Track correspondence between Student Financial Services Office and students and/or parents.
- Responds to questions and provides guidance concerning student accounts, due dates, payment options, tuition rates, all financial aid programs and eligibility requirements.
- Creates reports to determine account balances and outreach to students with tuition balances for payment.
- Responsible for timely responses to students and families in a prompt, professional and accurate manner.
- Assist in tuition deferment process for students receiving tuition reimbursement.
- Knowledge of the monthly payment plan program ? Tuition Management Systems including the tracking of delinquent accounts to answer student and parent questions.
- Attend on-and off-campus enrollment and University related functions, as appropriate.
- Assist at Open House, Information Sessions, and orientation programs as required.
- Degree requirements for position: Bachelor's preferred
- Experience with high call volume or call center.
- Collections experience preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in the Higher Education industry.
- Ability to perform with high quality and minimal errors.
- Basic mathematical and reasoning abilities necessary.
- Ability to work across multiple systems with accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of organization and analytical ability.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform work with frequent deadlines and extreme external pressure to complete assignments.
- Knowledge of FERPA helpful.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for three (3) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.