Administrative Assistant to the Division of Student Engagement and Liberal Studies
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: AASEL
- Job Type: Full Time
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday
- Position Location: Longmeadow
The Administrative Assistant to the Division of Student Engagement and Liberal Studies is responsible for providing assistance with the daily operations of the Assistant Dean of Students and other areas within Student Engagement. This position supports and participates in the initiatives of the Division of Student Engagement and Liberal Studies.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, screen calls, and refer to appropriate department or person.
- Greet all visitors and direct them to the appropriate department or personnel to best assist them.
- Maintain the Dean of Student's daily calendar of appointments.
- Inputs and maintains residential life data in Jenzabar
- Maintains accurate and confidential student records.
- Maintains the division's calendars for planning.
- Communicate regularly with Student Engagement staff to ensure they can be reached when necessary.
- Complete and submit the Dean's expense reimbursement forms.
- Compile, manage, and distribute monthly parent newsletters.
- Support Performing Arts productions, and events as needed.
- Support management of the Student Information Desk as necessary, specifically the management of the Performing Arts Box Office.
- Responsible for maintenance and/or completion of departmental request forms; purchase orders food service, and time off requests.
- Submit time cards for hourly staff in the department.
- Assistant in miscellaneous administrative tasks for directors in the division as assigned and as time allows.
- Coordinate Dance Studio and Mills Theatre schedules.
- Order office supplies for the division.
- May require attendance/assistance at campus events at non-traditional hours.
- Assist with planning/marketing of the Women's Leadership Conference.
- Assist with departmental budgets, process accounts payable and reconcile monthly divisional credit card statement.
- Attend training's as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
Work closely with all areas in the Division, including Residence Life, Athletics, Student Activities, the WELL program, Career Services, Health and Wellness, and Liberal Studies.
If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. You must have a valid driver's license and must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
This list of essential job functions and other responsibilities is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all-inclusive. A supervisor or director may assign other duties and/or other duties at alternate locations to meet mission requirements of the University and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
Recruit, train, and supervise student workers as necessary.
- Five or more years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Ability to work with confidential material/information with integrity and discretion.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, including word processing, spreadsheet software, and database maintenance using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to field phone calls, receive and direct visitors appropriately.
- Experience managing work study students helpful.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively across campus departments.
- Ability to follow University policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects and adhere to deadlines.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.