Duties: We are seeking a skilled Programmer to join our growing Bioinformatics core. Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Develop, implement and maintain high-quality pipelines for the processing of large quantities of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data.
* Analyze (large scale) biomedical data using artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), visual analytics (VA) and statistical methods and applications.Prepare results in tabular, written summary, & graphical summary form suitable for publication and peer review.
* Implement and manage biomedical data with databases, query interfaces and web applications. Retrieve biomedical NGS data from public resources and organize the data for easy analysis and sharing.
* Provide bioinformatics support to faculty and their staff. Requires performing complex computational analysis, exploration of parameter settings, comparison of results across different methods, and the summary and visualization of data and results for presentation to faculty and their staff.
* Independently designs, implements, tests, deploys, documents, and maintains analytical applications, analysis pipelines, and results reporting methodologies. This duty includes computer programming necessary to make modifications to existing algorithms and software or to write scripts to implement software in a server or high-performance computing environment.
Qualifications: The minimum of a Master's degree and three years of data analysis experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Informatics or equivalent, are required. Experience with biomedical research required. Competent in Python/Perl and R programming language required. Experience with Next Generation Sequencing data analysis required. Experience with artificial intelligence or machine learning a plus. Experience with data science a plus. Experience with information visualization, scientific visualization, or visual analytics a plus. Ability to work independently and apply critical thinking and sound judgment. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team. Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
Reference Number: 40-27187
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: BI-Institute for Biomedical Informatics
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research