RESEARCH SPECIALIST D
Duties: We are seeking a candidate with strong knowledge and experience in Immunology. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of advancing and completing assigned projects: design, execution, seeking collaborations for optimal finalizing of experiments, data collection, data analysis, preparation of reports in publication ready format. In addition, the candidate will attend meetings and serve as a liaison with other research groups for development of projects in new research areas with potential for funding. The candidate will also assist the supervisor in writing research proposals for securing funding.
The candidate will report directly to the supervisor, Dr. Saar Gill.
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: The minimum of a Master's degree and 3 to 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. The candidate will be able to work independently.
Specific skills required:
* cell culture,
* immune cell functional assays (proliferation, cytotoxicity, cytokine production),
* immune cell phenotyping,
* multiparametric flow-cytometry,
* extensive experience in animal work involving leukemia and solid tumor modeling (tumor implantation, use of a stereotaxis frame for intracranial delivery of cells and compounds, subcutaneous, intraperitoneal and intravenous injections, blood collection, dissections and organ harvesting, behavioral studies),
* in vivo tumor imaging,
* molecular and cellular biology techniques,
* proven experience in scientific writing and oral presentations.
* Strong experience working on research teams and directly participating in research studies.
* Strong multitasking abilities and an extremely high-level of reliability and dependability.
* Previous experience supervising research staff.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain multiple internal and external relationships regarding research
Reference Number: 40-27055
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research