Adjunct Religion Faculty
The responsibilities of this position consist of teaching the range of courses in Religion to students in the community college setting. This position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population. Teaching responsibilities may be required in both traditional and distance education formats. Assignments will be at all campus locations.
- Teaches assigned course content utilizing a variety of presentation methods.
- Develops and updates course syllabi.
- Observes and assesses student learning competencies providing timely feedback to students.
- Schedules office hours for assisting students.
- Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, including posting students’ grades and attendance in MidWeb.
- Communicates student assessment results to department faculty and administrators.
- Participates in professional development opportunities, particularly to maintain current professional expertise in English and/or related subjects.
- Serves on program related committees.
- Adheres to departmental objectives, policies, procedures, and standards; recommends changes to departmental procedures as necessary to improve the efficacy of the Department.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives.
- Adheres to the organization’s policies & procedures, and compliance guidelines.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to translate educational and professional experience into the student learning environment.
- Ability to provide positive motivation and encourage student participation.
- Ability to keep up with new trends and developments in classroom technology.
- Effective planning, organizational, and communication skills.
Written and computer skills needed to prepare course materials.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and report student learning outcomes.
- Master's Degree in Religion or Ministry or
- Master's Degree in another discipline with 18 graduate credits in Religion or Ministry
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience; preferably at the community college level is required.
MMCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.