PROGRAM MANAGER, POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAMS
Duties: As Program Manager, you will oversee the planning and delivery of our programs for various clients. You will develop processes and systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the management of the programs. You will be the key person to manage logistics, interface with clients, and assist the curriculum team in the development and production of training program materials. You will be involved in all phases of the process from planning to implementation to follow up, working both independently and collaboratively. This position will work closely with the leaders of our Center, including the Director of Training Programs and Executive Director. There are opportunities for career advancement.
* Take the lead in planning and organizing programs, communicating with the team of instructors, clients, and vendors (e.g., hotel and printing service).
* Organize and summarize client information collected via focus groups, online surveys, and client research to inform curriculum customization.
* Edit and manage distribution of training program materials.
* Provide on-site program logistics coordination.
* Manage post-program follow up, including analysis and reporting of participant satisfaction surveys, processing travel reimbursements, and expense tracking.
* Manage the curriculum customization and updates with Penn subject matter experts and the client.
* Develop a deep understanding of the scientific literature and craft summary reports to inform the curriculum development team.
* Translate psychological concepts into new training activities and materials.
* Recruit, interview, hire, supervise, and mentor part-time student workers.
* Assist with new business development, including client research, client proposals, and marketing material creation.
Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree is required. A background in psychology is preferred.
* 3 to 5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in project management or event planning is required.
* Strong computer skills required. Expertise with Microsoft PowerPoint required.
* Experience with curriculum development and/or graphic design preferred.
* Highly developed project management and organizing abilities, with an excellent attention to detail.
* Knowledge and experience with project management tools and systems.
* Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
* Able to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
* Able to work nights and weekends, as needed.
* Able to travel as needed for program delivery.
* Proven ability to thrive under time pressure and workload.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong service-orientation.
* Strong sense of mission, professionalism, and responsibility.
* Independent thinker, resourceful, with a 'can do' attitude.
* Self-motivated and able to work on a team and independently.
Reference Number: 02-27078
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Positive Psychology Center
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research