Requisition Number: STFR004081
Division/College: University Health and Counseling
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The UHCS Staff Nurse is responsible for the scheduling, administering and documenting of all State and University required immunizations for Northeastern University students, as well as ensuring that students are current on all required vaccinations.
Related duties include participating in campus vaccination clinics, coordinating and administering allergy injections under standing orders from allergists practicing in the community and communicating with outside allergist offices as necessary. The UHCS staff nurse also provides telephone support and follow-up for students returning from hospital evaluation.
The UHCS Staff Nurse is responsible for maintaining safe and appropriate nursing procedures, practice and clinical environment. This includes inventory management, monitoring of storage processes and timely and thorough documentation and monitoring of medical equipment.
The UHCS Staff Nurse works inclusively and collegially in a busy and highly diverse student and staff environment therefore a proactive and punctual work ethic and demonstration of consistently professional and courteous behavior is necessary.
• Current, unrestricted, Massachusetts Registered Nursing (RN) license required.
• Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in ambulatory setting.
• Nursing experience in university setting and/or allergy and immunization practice highly desirable.
• Demonstrated success in working inclusively in a highly diverse colleague and student setting.
• Demonstrated ability to perform safely while engaged in sequential and simultaneous responsibilities in a
busy outpatient clinical setting.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proactive and punctual approach to work responsibilities.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: [email protected]
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.