Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: President's Office
Position Status: Administrative Exempt Positions
The Executive Administrator provides high level professional and confidential administration and event management to the Office of the President. This position interacts closely with WPI's senior leadership, as well as with WPI faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors, and corporate and foundation executives. The role requires expert client service, utmost discretion, and strong discernment and judgment. The incumbent will report to the Executive Director for the President's Office & Board Operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate logistics for meetings for the President and/or VP, Chief of Staff, and manage the use of the President’s Conference room. Arrange catering and technology support as necessary.
• With the Executive Director, provide excellent client support to members of the Board of Trustees, and maintain daily operations of the Office of the President. Respond appropriately and professionally to all inquiries.
• Work closely with the Executive Director to plan and execute all logistics related to successful campus events sponsored by the Office of the President and serve as the liaison with the President’s House Manager to coordinate events at the President’s residence.
• Serve as the receptionist for the Office of the President, greeting guests and creating a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere, and appropriately direct inquiries.
• Contract vendors to order and maintain office supplies, and ensure equipment is in working order.
• Manage document retention system including paper and electronic filing.
• Process expense reports, P-card administration, invoices and other budgetary needs.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
• Three years’ experience as an administrative assistant at an executive level.
• Positive attitude, mental agility, intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
• Strong personal and professional integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to maintain professional discretion in order to comply with instructions, procedures, standards, policies, laws, and theories that are obtained within the organization.
Posting Date: 10/17/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5109