ACCOUNT CLERK - CASHIERS
ACCOUNT CLERK - CASHIERS
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform accounting clerical work involved in the maintenance of financial or statistical records; collect and reimburse various student fees; audit and prepare invoices for payment and perform related clerical duties.
1.	Assist students, staff and faculty at the counter and respond to question, problems and concerns related to an assigned accounting function; collect and process student registration fees, drop fees, hold fees, returned checks and club accounts; adjust and clear student accounts according to established procedures.
2.	Audit invoices for payment and resolve discrepancies; monitor and maintain accurate accounts and keep payables current; calculate and process retroactive manual or specialty warrants.
3.	Prepare warrants, invoices, time records, purchase orders and similar documents; collect and distribute as appropriate.
4.	Prepare reports for student sponsorship billing; determine student charges and set up sponsorship for each semester; post charges to student records; send owing letters to students with balances.
5.	Maintain records for emergency loan checks application copies, returned checks, returned mail and mail for collection agency.
6.	Process requests for replacement of lost or out-of-date warrants; receive and complete request form; make copies to reissue warrant.
7.	Adjust and clear student accounts according to established procedures.
8.	Receive and count money from security office, parking meters, main campus and other education centers.
9.	Prepare and maintain various statistical accounting records and reports for submission to superiors.
10.	Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
MUST HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF: Office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and databases; methods and techniques of financial record-keeping; mathematical principles and procedures; oral and written communications skills.
MUST HAVE ABILITY TO: Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives; perform routine accounting clerical duties involved in the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports; interpret and explain the District's accounting policies and procedures; prepare and maintain a variety of financial records and reports; perform mathematic computations with speed and accuracy; compare numbers and detect errors efficiently; type at a speed necessary for successful job performance; operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet and database applications; work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse racial, ethnic, disabled, sexual orientation, and cultural populations of community college students; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and two years of increasingly responsible experience in the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Range 15, Steps 1-6, $3,369.00-$4,098.00. Initial placement for external applicants is Step 1. An excellent benefits package which includes medical, vision, dental, retirement, vacation, generous sick leave package, and life insurance is available for the employee and eligible dependents.
WORKING DAYS & HOURS:
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 a.m.-6:45 p.m. AND Friday: 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Approximately). Work schedule may be adjusted to meet the needs of the office.
STARTING DATE: As soon as the successful candidate is identified and following the subsequent governing board approval.
All application materials must be received on-line at https://jobs.swccd.edu/postings/2418. Position is open until filled. Applications received by the first screening deadline of 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 3, 2017 are guaranteed to be reviewed by the selection committee. Any application received after the deadline is not guaranteed a review.
FAXED MATERIALS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Submit the following application materials on-line:
(1)	Letter of application (cover letter)
(2)	SWC on-line application
(4)	Supplemental questionnaire
(5)	Unofficial copies of college transcripts showing date degree conferred
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline date. A separate, complete application packet is required for each position for which you are applying for.
All materials included in your application packet become District property,
will not be returned, will not be copied, and will be considered for this opening only.
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay or cancel filling this position.
If additional positions become available in this classification, applications received in response to this posting may be considered for those additional positions for up to 90 days after final board approval.
INTERVIEW TRAVEL COSTS MUST BE BORNE BY THE APPLICANT.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer and in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act,
Southwestern Community College District will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.