VET TECH ANESTHESIA E
Duties: * Responsible for anesthetizing small animals in the Imaging Center such as radiation treatments, CT and Mri, including general anesthesia and sedations.
* Work closely with RTT and Radiation Nurse Coordinator to ensure patients are receiving optimal care.
* Assist with anesthetizing cases for CT and MRI when radiation cases are complete.
* Assist with sedation in radiology if there are no RITC cases needing anesthesia.
* Work closely with the anesthesia service to ensure quality patient care.
* Consult with anesthesiologists regarding sedation protocols.
* Maintenance of all anesthesia equipment
* Maintain controlled drug logs
* Participate in patient rounds with Radiation Oncology Service.
* Ensure area is stocked and clean
Qualifications: An Associate's Degree or two year college equivalent. Must be a CVT with a minimum of 7 - 8 years experience as a veterinary anesthetist with ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must have strong communication skills, be flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances and have a strong anesthesia knowledge base.
Reference Number: 58-27124
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Ryan Veterinary Hospital
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 3-Animal Care