BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR, REAL ESTATE CENTER
Duties: Reporting to the Center Director and Managing Director with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice Dean for Finance & Administration of the Wharton School, this position is the Business Administrator for the Zell/Lurie Real Estate Center. The BA will be responsible for all financial matters that affect the Center and will be responsible for understanding all financial policies of Penn and Wharton and ensuring that they are followed when transacting Center business.
1. Lead all financial functions of the Center to facilitate the continuous flow of business by exercising oversight, administration and creation of Center budget.
2. Administer all hiring processes, on-boarding, and payroll functions for Center Staff, Full-Time Research Assistants, Student and Temporary Workers.
3. Properly initiate and carry through transactions for the Real Estate Center and the International Housing Finance Program through Ben Buys. Process disbursements through Concur and PDA forms. Routinely reconcile all financial activity and prepare reports for Center Director and Managing Director.
4. Help to plan and execute fund-raising efforts, which includes preparation for and attendance at bi-annual Members' meetings, in support of Center Director and Managing Director. Communicate with donors on membership and ensure financial information in database is current. Draft correspondence and special reports for Center Director and Managing Director. Some limited travel may be required.
5. Process adequate stewardship of gifts and endowments. Award and process scholarships to Undergraduate and MBA students annually. Work with External Affairs to provide program updates and spending on endowment/gift funds to create annual stewardship reports for donors.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 3 years to 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Experience in accounting, business, finance or related field preferred. Proficient with business and accounting software packages, preferably BEN Financials. Experience in university financial systems preferred. Proficient in MS Windows. Accuracy and attention to detail required. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Team oriented. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently, under pressure of deadlines, to be flexible and contribute positively to a dynamic business environment.
Reference Number: 07-27053
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Real Estate Center
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: D-Financial