ASSOC DIR, ANNUAL GIVING & ALUMNI RELS, PENNDESIGN
Duties: PennDesign prepares students to address complex sociocultural and environmental issues through thoughtful inquiry, creative expression, and innovation. As a diverse community of scholars and practitioners, we are committed to advancing the public good-both locally and globally-through art, design, planning, and preservation.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Development and Alumni Relations, the Associate Director, Annual Giving and Alumni Relations plans and executes all activities related to the the annual fund and alumni relations on a regional, national and international level. In regards to the upcoming university campaign special emphasis will be placed on donor contact (meetings), increased participation within the annual fund, and volunteer engagement.
* Plan, develop and implement a comprehensive Annual Giving Program utilizing direct mail, email solicitations, text solicitations, and personal visits with emphasis on increasing participation rates, retention, and upgrading donors.
* Complete 40 alumni visits annually with emphasis of stewarding and increasing giving within the group of donors giving at the $500 - $1000 range in the Philadelphia and New York Region. Identify major gift donors and work closely with them in meeting their philanthropic goals in conjunction with the Assistant Dean.
* Analyze data to review giving trends and opportunities to determine cultivation and solicitation strategies. Work with Departmental Chairs and identify leadership donors. Provide donor summary reports to the Chairs of Department.
* Direct the PennDesign reunion program which encompasses strategic goals with programming and giving among the reunion years.
* Initiate a PennDesign staff wide and student annual fund campaign.
* Manage the Dean's Council in relation to the program and members.
* Serve as a staff liaison to the PennDesign Alumni Association (PDAA) and Regional Directors. Manage all affinity groups related to the school.
* Recruit and train all PennDesign alumni club leaders and travel within an assigned region to motivate and sustain programming. Encourage ways to engage in philanthropy and annual fund initiatives among club activities.
* Manage alumni events at professional conferences and other events as assigned.
* Oversee and manage PennDesign events during Alumni Weekend and Homecoming. Initiates a reunion program.
* Coordinate all follow-up and next steps after events and programs and work closely with Assistant Director of Communications and Stewardship with messages and outcomes.
Qualifications: BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications or related field; 3-5 years experience in development, alumni relations, communications and/or public relations in higher ed environment; excellent organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail; able to manage multiple projects under time demands; able to plan, organize and coordinate fundraising programs preferable in University setting; able to manage volunteers. Ability to travel within the US and work events and weekends as needed. Travel and valid driver's license required.
Reference Number: 90-27057
Salary Grade: 027
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: School/Center Development
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: F-Development/Fundraising/Marketing