BUSINESS DECISIONS ANALYST
Duties: The Analytics and Reports department is responsible for providing Development and Alumni Relations staff with analytical tools and solutions in support of the core mission of the University of Pennsylvania. The department disseminates reports, executive summaries and analysis documents to each of the 12 schools and a variety of centers within the University as well as central Development and Alumni Relations staff. Machine learning, statistical inference and data mining techniques are used to provide staff with actionable insight to utilize complex data collections throughout the institution.
The Business Decisions Analyst position is responsible for producing complex reports and data analysis tools based on multiple data sources to serve the business needs of the Development and Alumni Relations end users. A thorough knowledge of database reporting structures and query tools is a requirement. A demonstrable familiarity with Advancement database systems is strongly recommended.
This position reports directly to the Director of Reports and Analytics.
* Delivers system solutions involving advancement software systems, data visualization and query tools ATLAS, QlikView, Business Objects, SQL and other systems to users. Works with clients and other analysts to determine functional requirements.
* Designs, codes, simulates, tests, implements and maintains reporting solutions and associated middleware, interfaces and databases in highly complex solutions.
* Analyzes functional requirements and advises DAR users in the planning, selection, implementation and use of solutions to address business requirements.
* Monitors and administers applications, providing technical and application support.
* Ensures adherence to technical, quality assurance, data integrity, and security standards.
* May plan, organize, and manage projects and associated schedules and budgets and deliver training to Development and Alumni Relations staff.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of programming or systems analysis experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A strong command of data analysis tools and query languages (Crystal Reports, Business Objects and SQL), data programming, mining and modeling languages (R, Python) and data visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView) highly recommended. Experience in fundraising information systems and fundraising business practices is strongly recommended.
Demonstrated expertise in process redesign, systems analysis and design and the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
Reference Number: 90-26969
Salary Grade: C
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology