Food and Beverage Director
Independently owned and operated, The Jefferson in Washington D.C. is currently recruiting for an F&B Director within the Food and Beverage Department. This position is an opportunity for the truly exceptional candidate who possesses a natural flair for hospitality, a strong commitment to excellence, and an entrepreneurial focus. Within the Food and Beverage department, an array of dining experiences include; one of the finest restaurants in the capital, Plume serves as a discreet and elegant backdrop to the culinary artistry of our Executive Chef; Quill, an elegant lounge; The Greenhouse, where Washington breakfasts and lunches are served and three small meeting rooms, a boardroom, a private dining room and several parlor-like spaces.
The F&B Director is accountable for sales and profit in his/her area and will be providing first line support to the department's Hotel Manager and controls providing the highest level of service, guest satisfaction, achieved through his/her ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment.
The successful candidate must not only be dedicated to customer service also be able to delegate, lead by example and will be responsible for ensuring consistent execution of all, standards, systems and processes.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on, lead by example mentality
- Responsible for short and long term departmental planning;
- Participate in the recruiting, training, and development of department employees;
- Manage financial aspects of the operation including budgeting, forecasting, purchasing and inventory controls;
- Responsible for the successful service and standards from Fine Dining (Forbes 5 Star) Hotel In Room Dining, Successful Lounge/Grill to Personalized Catering services
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments, specifically Kitchen, Sales and Marketing, in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
Minimum of three (3) years relevant managerial experience in a luxury or fine dining establishment with proven skills in supervising and developing staff while maintaining the highest quality of service standards;
- Ability to make an impact by increasing sales through operations and service excellence by implementing practices to ensure positive employee productivity and morale;
- Extensive food, wine, beverage knowledge;
- Thorough understanding of Food and Beverage operations in a luxury environment;
- Professional demeanor and strong front of house management experience;
- A demonstrated ability to lead a multicultural team is essential as well as passion for service.
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Clear concise verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, exercise good judgment in making decisions, handle stress in a fast-paced work environment and have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
- This position requires scheduling flexibility to include working nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Knowledge of MICROS preferred as well as basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Union experience is preferred
- Both hotel and independent restaurant experience is preferred.
The Jefferson, Washington DC, offers a competitive financial and benefits package.
Please apply directly to our website at the following link:
Enjoying a well-earned reputation as one of the best small boutique hotels in Washington, DC, The Jefferson has presided over the corner of 16th and M Streets since 1923, when this Beaux Arts design building first opened as luxury apartments. In 1955, the property was transformed into a hotel to accommodate the worlds elite travelers and DC's most important visitors.
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 07:18:01 PDT