Associate Director II, Academic Student Services
General Description of Position:
The Associate Director is responsible for the coordination of the campus visitation program; supervision of the Coordinator of Orientation Programs, the Events Coordinator, and the department’s student employees; and provides leadership for the University-wide StrengthsQuest initiative. The Associate Director is an essential part of a team to develop new programs and improve existing programs to serve prospective students and their families and reports to the Associate Vice President for Student Life/Director of New Student Services.
Information about the College/Unit:
New Student Services promotes student success by engaging prospective, new and current students and families with the K-State community in a spirit of inclusivity, collaboration and excellence.
New Student Services assists students and families in the college search process and transition to K-State. NSS offers quality programs and services designed to provide information, guidance, and access to our campus community.
Our Contribution to the K-State Community
New Student Services provides a window to the undergraduate student experience at K-State by offering a personalized college search and outstanding, responsive service to our students and families. We are successful in our work through collaboration and strong partnerships with the campus community for program delivery. We inform, encourage, and guide students and families during an important transition in their lives.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the Principles of Community.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Coordinate the campus visitation program for prospective students and parents/families.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise approximately 70 student employees and who are the front line for the University’s recruitment efforts.
- Supervision of Events Coordinator. Assist Events Coordinator in the delivery of on-campus and off-campus student recruitment events for prospective students and their families, including planning, implementing and evaluating events, and managing events budget.
- Supervision of Coordinator for Orientation Programs. Assist Coordinator in delivery of orientation and enrollment activities for new undergraduate students and parents/families and the overnight extended orientation program, Wildcat Warmup, including planning, implementing and evaluating programs, and managing program budget.
- Provide leadership for the university-wide StrengthsQuest initiative.
- Assist with academic and student life programs presentations to prospective students and families/parents.
- Develop and assess the department's student learning outcomes.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of experience in higher education administration.
- Master’s degree in student personnel administration, higher education or a related discipline.
- At least three years of successful supervision of undergraduate students.
- Evidence of excellent written communication skills, i.e., writing and editing publications, webpage development.
- Experience in public speaking, training undergraduate students and peers, and communicating with diverse audiences.
- Experience with CRM software, including knowledge of data filters.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple computer programs (Microsoft Office including knowledge of Excel and efficient use of email).
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating programs.
Evening and weekend work in an expectant of this position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants shall submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for 3 work-related references.
Start date: January 2, 2018 or earlier is preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Application deadline: November 1, 2017
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$53,515 - $85,623
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off – vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.