Senior Academic Technologist
The Faculty Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning at Lewis University invites applications for a Senior Academic Technologist to be responsible for developing and implementing specialized support, service, and professional development for faculty and adjunct instructors in the area of technology for teaching and learning.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is a vigorous and growing institution located 25 miles SW of Chicago. Lewis University provides students a liberal arts-based and career-focused education, engaging students in the exploration and creation of academic, professional and personal opportunities in a supportive community. As a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition, our approach is values-based and ethically-focused. For additional information see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Advise and assist faculty in the development and delivery of emergent educational technology, including face-to-face, online, and blended course development using sound pedagogical principles and current technologies
- Provide expertise and guidance for instructional techniques for maximizing the University’s LMS (Learning Management System - Blackboard)
- Serve as primary contact for vendor relationships for academic technology
- Participate in and manage projects related to the development of distance learning applications
- Collaborate in the creation of faculty development opportunities
- Develop faculty support materials, both in print format and on the Blackboard portal
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend technological learning tools
- Work collaboratively with Academic Technology Solutions personnel to provide service for teaching and learning technologies
- Provide leadership in identifying current and emerging technologies that will enhance teaching and service delivery at the University
Masters degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Curriculum and Instruction or a related field with experience in distance learning is required. College teaching experience is highly desirable. Must possess a strong working knowledge of instructional design methodologies. Knowledge and experience in adult education is highly desirable. Prior experience with faculty professional development is required. Experience with LMS (Learning Management System), preferably Blackboard. Must possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Ability to work well as a member of a team is essential. Must have flexibility in working schedules and be able to work occasional evening or weekend hours.
How to Apply:
For a full description of the position and to apply visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2285
Inspired by the University’s Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.