Associate Vice President of Human Resources
The Associate Vice President of Human Resources is an Executive Leadership position responsible for confidential and sensitive high level information. The position is responsible for leadership of the College's employee relations, recruitment, compensation, benefits and safety, payroll, equity and diversity.
The Associate Vice President will portray a broad institutional perspective to support the College's mission, vision, and goals while fostering and creating an environment, which strives to anticipate and meet customer needs. This position supports a shared leadership culture through participation in and facilitation of teams, and plays a role in strategic planning.
In addition, Middle Leaders will live NTC's core beliefs and values including Learner Focus, Continuous Learning, Ingenuity, Access, Service to the Community, Diversity, Culture of Professionalism, and Advocacy.
Initial review of application submissions will begin on October 30, 2017.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the HR Department to include employee relations, orientation, recruitment, certification, compensation, performance management, faculty contracts, labor relations, complaint resolution policy and the employee handbook.
- Provide leadership in recommending, designing and administering innovative, strategic Human Resource systems, staff plans, policies and processes.
- Provide leadership for benefit and safety programs including plan design, self-funded accounts, worker's compensation, wellness and ergonomics.
- Provide leadership for payroll including quarterly and year-end payroll reporting and FLSA.
- Provide leadership for and ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws including ADA, EEO, FMLA and OCR.
- Provide leadership for the College's equity and diversity initiatives.
- Serve as Title IX Coordinator and Affirmative Action Officer.
- Select, develop and supervise human resource employees including management of the departmental budget.
Bachelor's degree required. Five years of demonstrated ability and progressive management experience in Human Resources or related field. Must have demonstrated evidence of successful customer-oriented leadership in a shared, participatory environment. Outstanding written and oral communication skills. SPHR/PHR certification preferred.