Mechanical Designer with 1-3 years construction design exp.
Our Mission Statement:
Comfort Engineering, Inc. is dedicated to providing excellent mechanical, plumbing and electrical Engineering services while maintaining professional and friendly client relationships. We are committed to the personal and professional growth and development of our Employees in a culture that cares for them in the totality of their lives.
Comfort Engineering offers medical insurance, a matching Simple IRA plan, graduating PTO and Holidays.
Job Description: Assist drafting, design and engineering staff in preparing construction documents.
- Prepare detailed construction documents and specifications for mechanical, plumbing and/or electrical systems, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design and lay out systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Modify and revise designs as needed.
- Site investigation.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of systems.
- Confer with engineering staff
- Confer with clients to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are then checked by an engineer
- Review preliminary construction documents for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
Sitting, repetitive movement, contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, writing letters and memos, telephone conversations, use of electronic mail, dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people, making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization, making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company, repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over, being exact or highly accurate, meeting strict deadlines, work with external customers or the public, coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities, work with others in a group or team, working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Opportunity to make decisions without supervision.
Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals.
• Analyzing Data or Information
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems
• Designing, Drafting and Laying Out Construction Documents and Specifications
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
• Processing Information
• Review Submittals
• Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
• Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
• Getting Information
• Thinking Creatively
• Interacting With Computers
• Documenting/Recording Information
• Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
• collect technical data
• understand engineering data or reports
• create mathematical diagrams or charts
• respond to requests for information (RFI) from clients
• evaluate engineering data
• use government regulations
• read blueprints
• analyze technical data, designs, or preliminary specifications
• read schematics
• read technical drawings
• confer with engineering, technical or manufacturing personnel
• examine engineering documents for completeness or accuracy
• work as a team member
• use spreadsheet software
• use drafting or mechanical drawing techniques
• draw plans to scale
• use computer aided drafting or design software for design, drafting, or other engineering tasks
Years of Experience: Three (3) years work experience
Active learning and listening, critical thinking, learning strategies, mathematics, reading comprehension, science, speaking, writing
Coordination, instructing, negotiation, persuasion, services orientation, and social perceptiveness
Complex Problem Solving Skills
Complex Problem Solving
Equipment selection, use of CAD and design software, and other programs as relates to discipline
Resource Management Skills
Desktop Computer Skills
Spreadsheets, internet, navigation, word processing
Computer drafting technology, mathematics
Desktop computers, plotters, calculators, Autodesk AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and software as needed by discipline
Comfort Engineering, Inc., a multi-disciplined engineering firm that specializes in mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design. Comfort Engineering has been a member of the Las Vegas building industry since 1996. We are proud to be the engineering company of choice for the premier builders and architects in the southwestern United States. Our success is attributed to our integrity and our ability to do the job right on time the first time.
Las Vegas, NV
Sat, 7 Oct 2017 11:38:13 PDT