Human Resources Manager
The Jefferson: Human Resources Manager.
Independently owned and operated, The Jefferson in Washington D.C. is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Manager, an excellent employment opportunity for the truly exceptional candidate who possesses a natural flair for hospitality, a strong commitment to excellence, and an entrepreneurial bent.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all aspects within the department including: labor relations; compensation administration and benefits; recruitment activities; selection and development; updates and monitors policies and procedures; training and various people-related projects (staff surveys, productivity improvements, etc.); and ensures compliance with state and federal employment law.
Specific position requirements include:
• Minimum three years managerial experience in Human Resources;
• Full knowledge of applicable state and federal labor laws;
• Previous experience working in a Union environment a plus;
• Strong employee recruitment and development strategies;
• Understanding of compensation and benefits;
• Ability to communicate effectively in a positive and professional demeanor, both oral and written;
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff effectively;
- Ability to work independently;
• High standard of attention to detail, maintain confidentiality and ability to manage time and prioritize work;
• Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays, when required.
- Bachelor's degree desired.
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to coach, counsel, advise, mentor, and motivate employees and managers at all levels and a professional presence.
- Prior hotel Human Resources experience preferred.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Products. (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• In the absence of the Director, assumes role and responsibility for the Human Resources Department.
• Participates in planning and execution of employee events planned by the Human Resources Department.
• Develop employee communications network within the hotel, via bulletin boards, department communication boards, posters and flyers.
• Acts as liaison to management for all employees.
• Clearly and accurately document all employee issues on a timely basis following counseling and disciplinary procedures.
• Coordinates salary administration and review process.
• Has excellent knowledge of Benefits Administration, Benefit and Employment Law, ERISA Law, FMLA, ADA and Worker's Compensation Law.
• Ensures Leave of Absence Policy is adhered to, tracked and that correct documentation and action is followed by departments and employees.
• Develops and/or participate in staff training initiatives, including management training and departmental service training.
• Works with departmental management to ensure that Safety Training is alive.
• Collaborates with Risk Management to ensure to timely and accurate incident/accident reporting.
• Responsible for ensuring proper use of forms, medical services and reporting standards to insurance company.
• Accounting for the Human Resources Department by monitoring expenditures and ensuring that the department stays within budget on a month to month basis.
• Champions The Jefferson, DC culture on property, and enthusiastically promotes opportunities within the hotel and company to live The Promises.
• Manages employee benefit file system to The Jefferson, DC Standard and ensures accurate documented enrollment for all eligible employees.
• Monitor unemployment insurance claims and actively work to reduce claim liability through detailed documentation and hearing compliance.
• Conduct pre-screening of line/management position applicants.
• Develop networking contacts and coordinate job fairs with local colleges.
• Conducts exit interviews for all separating employees and ensures final clearance and pay check distribution.
• Manage HRIS to ensure compliance with applicant flow log, drug testing, I9's, background & reference checks, etc.
- Maintains relationship with area hotels and conducts regular wage surveys to ensure competitive wages for non-union and salaried employees. Works with HR/Payroll department to ensure timely processing of employee increases. Monitors and administers compensation/benefits for both exempt and non-exempt employee.
- Manages the recruitment and retention process for the property for both line staff and management. Ensures fair hiring practices including consistent completion of all new-hire paperwork. Implements and maintains recognition programs that reward and motivate employee, and plays key role in administering and following up with Employee/Manager Satisfaction Survey.
- Provides leadership support in union. Responsible for ensuring fair and consistent application of federal, state and local laws. Plays a key role in ensuring effective team member relations, and serves as a resource for performance management with hourly and salaried employee.
- Manages expenses to exceed company/hotel profitability. Assists department managers in effectively managing labor costs through efficient use of Kronos and follows procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Assists in identifying cost strategies between departments/hotels to capitalize on efficiencies.
- Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Assists in the administration and delivery of all training and development programs. Utilizes available resources and adheres to training policies.
- Manages the workers' compensation program and assists in providing a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear communication. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Adheres to Standard Operating Procedures.
The Jefferson, Washington DC, offers a competitive financial and benefits package.
Please Apply With The Link Below:
Enjoying a well-earned reputation as one of the best small boutique hotels in Washington, DC, The Jefferson has presided over the corner of 16th and M Streets since 1923, when this Beaux Arts design building first opened as luxury apartments. In 1955, the property was transformed into a hotel to accommodate the worlds elite travelers and DC's most important visitors.
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 07:16:53 PDT