Pipefitter - CREATING POOL OF APPLICANTS FOR BOTH PERMANENT & EXTRA HELP
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 10-01-2017
Under direct supervision of the Pipefitter Foreman, performs skilled worked in the Pipefitter and welding trades.
1. Certificate of completion of apprenticeship as a Pipefitter under a registered Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training program
Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman Pipefitter, with a minimum of 5 years of actual work in the trade, which may have included apprenticeship and/or applicable vocational training. The trade for this purpose shall include work normally performed by Pipefitters, Pipefitter Welders, Refrigeration Mechanics, Temperature Control Mechanics, Oil Burner Mechanics, and Leadburners.
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
3. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. Journeyman Pipefitter and certified welder.
2. Ability to read 2" gauges on various equipment.
3. Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing. Communications required in person, by telephone, by email and over campus radio system.
4. Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions and written materials.
5. Possess mathematical skills to calculate material lists and pricing.
6. Knowledge sufficient in techniques and uses of various tools associated with Heating Plant duties.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.