Director of Development for the College of Fine Arts
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-29-2017
The Director of Development serves as the development liaison to the College of Fine Arts (the College) and represents the College in pursuing major gifts (funding commitments of $25,000 or more made via outright, pledged or planned gift arrangements). The individual holding this position will develop and execute strategies and plans to cultivate, solicit and secure major gifts and qualify new major gift prospects. The individual will work in close collaboration with the Dean of the College and will work as needed with other administrators, faculty, and staff of the College. As appropriate, the individual will collaborate with other development officers working on behalf of the Illinois State University's other colleges and administrative units. Primary responsibility will be implemented through regular and frequent visits and other substantive contacts with constituents. Significant travel will be an essential part of the position, as well as occasional participation in evening and weekend activities.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. At least 1-3 years of development/fundraising experience or equivalent work experience in areas that demonstrate the capacity for success in major gift fundraising.
3. Ability to work in a goals-orientated environment.
4. Ability to work in a collaborative environment in which both teamwork and individual initiative is necessary.
5. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
6. Highly motivated and organized.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
8. Ability to work within a diverse array of personalities.
9. Ability to complete work under deadlines.
10. Understanding and commitment to the mission of higher education in general and specifically the mission of Illinois State University.
11. Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the College of Fine Arts.
12. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Demonstrated experience in successful major gift fundraising.
2. Experience working in higher education, with preference to experience working in a fine arts environment.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.