Human Subjects Research Specialist
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-28-2017
The Human Subjects Research (HSR) Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance regarding the use of human subjects in research. The position will have close contact with researchers, the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Chair and Vice Chair, the IRB Executive Board, and other staff members of the Research Ethics and Compliance (REC) office.
1. Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts
2. Working knowledge of human subject research, research compliance, and research administration.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of 45 CFR 46, particularly in the context of Social, Behavioral, and Educational Research
4. Ability to work independently; exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive and potentially controversial matters.
5. Effective communication, organization, and personal relation skills
6. Willingness to work as a productive team member in an office environment
7. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple tasks
8. Deadline driven while maintaining attention to detail
9. Proficiency with commonly used software and ability to become proficient with applicable databases and online systems
10. Ability to represent the Research Ethics and Compliance (REC) office in the University setting
11. Ability to incorporate knowledge gained from access to continuing professional development with REC business practices
12. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's Degree
2. Experience conducting human subjects research
3. CIP certification
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.