This position reports to the Plant Manager and is primarily responsible for overseeing operation of production departments by consistently enforcing work practices and procedures and ensuring productivity measures, quality standards and safe work practices are met.
Previous industry experience such as, steel mill/aluminum mill / foundry, etc. huge plus! Ability to drive process, cultural, and ground floor change and influence personnel of all levels throughout the organization.
- Meet required production goals
- Conduct daily audits to ensure quality products
- Ensure safety of all team members - training, proper use of safety equipment, and following safety procedures
- Administration of plant policies, guidelines and systems
- Monitor attendance and production records daily
- Document employee relations issues
- Hands on and daily interaction with team members
- Supervisory experience within a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Degree preferred, but not required
- MUST BE Computer literate, Excel, Outlook, and Word a plus
- Excellent People Skills
- Must be organized, a self-starter with excellent problem solving skills
- Must be hands-on and willing to cooperate with other team members
Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Must be able to multi task and accommodate multiple requests effectively
- Must communicate effectively both verbally & in writing
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field
- Exposure to Green Belt/ Red X/ Six Sigma Training
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Background in LEAN manufacturing systems
Be energetic, disciplined and focused on a team building operational organization.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Affirmative Action/Minorities/Female/Veterans/ Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Privately Held Manufacturer
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 07:01:11 PDT