Press and Facilities Associate
Press and Facilities Associate
Job Number: 76663
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Press and Facilities Associate position.
The Press and Facilities Associate reports to the Senior Facilities Manager in support of the Hoover Press and the Hoover Facilities Department and Mailroom. Provides routine administrative and operational support working from detailed instructions. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: maintaining in-house book inventory; fulfilling book orders; order distribution; building access, closure and security; event and conference support including stage and furniture setup; customer service and support; mail room/supply area support; physical facilities and systems support. This is a physical job and heavy lifting is routinely required.
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals, answer phones, and serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries. Interact with customers, scholars, staff and vendors.
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies. Duties include:
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail, sign for incoming shipments and process as directed.
- Fulfill book, essay, and journal shipments—pull books from shelves, package, ship, and remove from inventory database.
- Deliver shipments within Hoover Institution and on Stanford campus.
- Restock general office supplies, keeping shipping and supply area clean and organized.
- Maintain in-house warehouse of Hoover Press publications, catalog inventory, data entry, re-shelving, and processing new and returned books.
- Track facility and/or office equipment, such as keys, vehicles, and projectors, via logs, and schedule repairs as needed.
- Review invoices for accuracy, and initiate purchase requisitions.
- Assist with routine conferences including unlocking conference rooms, setting-up AV equipment, setting up and breaking down furniture, stage and signs, and periodically shuttling conference guests in Hoover-provided vehicle.
- Create and maintain files and filing systems.
- Setup office spaces and/or support coordination of basic office moves including:
- Assist with office preparation—cleaning, furniture and supplies.
- Assist with office moves, relocating furniture, books and boxes.
- Assist with hanging pictures or white boards, installing keyboard trays, and adjusting workstations as needed.
- May provide guidance to temporary and student employees on routine matters.
- Troubleshoot building related issues.
- Work with SU facilities technicians to ensure quick response to requests for repairs and service of physical facilities and systems.
- Work as a team member to plan for and execute emergency response.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Must possess and maintain a valid California Non-commercial Driver's License.
- Work independently with minimal supervision; must be reliable, self-motivated, and flexible.
- Must be willing to learn skills necessary for job.
- Occasionally perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently standing.
- Frequently stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >50 pounds.
- Frequently twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty and odorous environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class Driver's license and drive day or night.
- Requires occasional evenings and weekend hours.
- Must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University requirements when operating university-owned vehicles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Hoover Institution
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.