Assistant Professor in Comparative Politics

Normal, Illinois
Oct 13, 2017
Position Type
Tenured & Tenure-Track
Institution Type
Four-Year Institution

The Department of Politics and Government seeks applications for a 9-month, tenure-track position in Comparative Politics. The appointment will be made at the rank of Assistant Professor and will start on August 16, 2018. Candidates must have a Ph.D. conferred by August 16, 2019. We welcome applicants with a research focus on community development, non-governmental organizations, or project management, especially those with regional expertise in Africa. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position. The successful candidate will be prepared to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Comparative Politics, Community Development, Project Management, and African Politics. The teaching assignment for the position is anticipated to be 3 courses per semester, with a one-course reduction in this assignment in one semester of the first year.

Initial review of applications will begin on January 15, 2018, and continue until the position is filled. To assure full consideration, please attach an application to posting number 0709961 at Candidates should submit: 1) a letter of application that includes a statement of teaching interests and experiences and a statement of research interests and future plans; 2) a current CV; 3) a sample of research; 4) graduate school transcripts; and 5) student evaluations (if available).  

In addition, three letters of reference can be uploaded as 1 scanned PDF document with your application or can be submitted on your behalf to Letters should be addressed to: T.Y. Wang, Chair, Department of Politics & Government, Illinois State University, Campus Box 4600, Normal, IL 61790-4600.

Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at 309-438-8311.

If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law, you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.