Performance Test Engineer - TO09-0516
We are seeking a Performance Test Engineer - TO09-0516 to become an integral part of our team! You will develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software issues.
- Evaluate NFR documents and identify performance test needs; types of tests, scripting scenarios, volume projection, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple groups to determine, gather and verify performance test needs
- Develop workload simulation matrix and determine scripting scenarios
- Develop a Performance Test Plan/Strategy document that includes short and long-term test objectives, types of tests required, workload matrix, scenarios
- Develop test scripts and load projections needed to simulate virtual users
- Develop test execution scenarios for various types of tests such as load, stress, duration/endurance, and run tests
- Administer deep-dive and methodic performance degradation diagnostics/troubleshooting and propose viable explanations
- Perform heap and thread analysis, database deadlock detection, understand and detect resource contentions
- Suggest improvements and configuration changes that improve performance
- Document test results and develop custom made summary reports to satisfy both technical and none-technical stakeholders.
- 6 years of progressive IT experience
- 3 years of performance testing and engineering experience
- Experience applying extensive technical expertise in the area of performance testing and advanced scripting.
- Experience in developing multi-protocol (web, database, terminal emulator/mainframe, etc.) advanced scripts that follow object oriented framework using tools such as IBM Rational Performance Tester and HP LoadRunner (Performance Center)
- Possess full knowledge of industry standard SDLCs, including Agile methodology
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Before beginning work, candidate must obtain interim staff-like access based upon an IRS Moderate Risk Background Investigation security clearance
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
- Bachelors' Degree in related field.
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- HP Performance Center (LoadRunner)
- Application Performance Monitoring and Profiling tools, such as: DynaTrace, Introscope, Tivoli, etc.
- Common Accessory Scripting Language (CASL) in Attachmate
- Java Scripting
- IBM mainframe
- Unisys mainframe
- Greenplum Database
- Business Objects
- Rational Tools (e.g., RFT, RQM, and RTC)
Knowledge of current IRS tax administration software applications is a significant plus
Possession of a current IRS background investigation is a significant plus
NOTES: Candidate must undergo and successfully attain the following security investigation: Minimum Background Investigation (MBI).
Soft-Con Enterprises Inc. is an information technology firm that offers consulting and system integration services as well as products and business solutions tailored to our client's needs. We deliver value to our clients by combining knowledge of their businesses with experience across the information technology spectrum.
Soft-Con does not sponsor Visa candidates at this time. To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 09:00:49 PDT