Posting Date October 12, 2017
Position Title Evaluation Associate
Vacancy # V-1382
Department Center for Research and Evaluation on Education and Human Services (CREEHS)
Division Academic Affairs
In the Center for Research and Evaluation on Education and Human Services (CREEHS), the Evaluation Associate leads and collaborates on multiple projects involving program planning, program evaluation, and applied research. The Evaluation Associate manages junior staff members and graduate students in conducting project work. The Evaluation Associate reports to a CREEHS Senior Research Associate and the CREEHS Director.
- Planning and managing smaller projects or project components.
- Collaborating with team members to conceptualize, design and plan larger project work.
- Conducting and/or mentoring junior staff and graduate students to conduct a range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Developing data collection instruments such as surveys and focus group and interview protocols
- Implementing and managing survey data collection
- Collecting, reviewing and synthesizing program documentation
- Conducting focus groups and interviews, as well as observations of program activities
- Managing, analyzing and summarizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Preparing literature reviews
- Developing work plans and monitoring expenditures
- Supporting the preparation of evaluation reports and project proposals.
- Communicating with internal and external clients on project needs and progress.
- Tailoring communication of project findings in multiple formats to varied audiences.
- Providing technical assistance around measurement and evaluation to varied audiences.
- Working with team members to coordinate multiple contracted projects and projects in development.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
Candidates must have a graduate degree in public health, psychology, sociology, research/evaluation, education, or a related social science field. Candidates must have experience providing evaluation, research and/or program planning services to clients or partners; managing or coordinating projects or project components; communicating project findings to technical and non-technical audiences; and mentoring or managing junior staff or team members. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Candidates should have strengths both as a team player and a self-starter, and have strong organization and time management skills in order to prioritize multiple projects and components. Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of participants in the Center's work, including faculty, staff, and students from across the university and personnel in organizations and agencies outside the university, as well as key stakeholders receiving or participating in the programs we support. Candidates must be able to work effectively in a team and with culturally diverse populations. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, flexible and willing to learn new ideas, content areas, and skills. Expertise in public health or human service topics preferred, but not required. Bilingual proficiency also a plus.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION