Department: Student Life
Posting Number: 201301167P
Full or Part Time: Part Time
Number of Months: 10
Work Schedule: Part time position, scheduled 1040 hours per year.
Position End Date:
Open Date: 10/10/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
The advanced Nurse Practitioner serves as part of the Pacific Health Services provider team. Reports to Director of Health Services, with supervision from the Consulting Physician. S/he coordinates and contributes to Pacific Health Services outreach and consultation activities. S/he collaborates with Counseling and Psychological Services providers to ensure continuity and coordination of care.
Care delivered by the advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner is commensurate with his/her education, training and experience, and in accordance with clinic, state and federal guidelines as applicable. The Nurse Practitioner assumes on-going responsibility for the primary care of students’ health needs to include:
1. Diagnosis and treatment of common acute minor illnesses and injuries.
2. Diagnosis and follow-up management of stable chronic diseases.
3. Provides preventive health care information and guidance.
4. Orders diagnostic tests and exams as indicated with follow-up on results as appropriate.
5. Arranges for referral to physicians, counselors and other health professionals, and health care facilities as indicated.
6. Completes timely, accurate documentation of students’ medical records in EMR system and related forms, as appropriate.
7. Facilitate health education both individually and to groups on campus as assigned.
8. Collaborates with Director and Physician Medical Consultant to establish and implement clinical policies and procedures.
1. Meets requirements to maintain state licensure and national certification.
2. Communicates effectively with students, staff, physicians, other health professionals, campus employees and faculty, thus promoting a positive image at all times.
3. Seeks opportunities to promote professional and personal growth through available academic facilities and continuing education activities.
4. Works as a member of Pacific Health Services performing all other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Frequent walking, reaching, simple grasping, repetitive motion and computer use. Occasional standing for long periods, pushing/pulling, bending or squatting. Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens, hazardous materials and trauma may reasonably be anticipated. Personal protective equipment will be provided to reduce or eliminate exposure to routine or limited infectious agents. Constant public contact and communication. May require lifting up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in a clinical atmosphere. This is a part time position, scheduled 1040 hours per year.
Hiring Range: $50.00 per hour
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/10750
Background Check Statement:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement:
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.