The Systems Librarian provides increased domain expertise for Innovative's support organization and offers necessary phone and Email support for the broad range of issues reported by our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides extensive telephone and email support for customers using Innovative software on large multi-user UNIX systems.
- Uses UNIX, SQL, and propriety utilities to analyze, troubleshoot, document, and resolve application issues reported by customers.
- Works with customers with varying levels of technical expertise to effectively pursue and resolve issues in an expedient manner.
- Utilizes chat group and other communication methods to isolate answers to complex troubleshooting problems.
- Develops strong working relationships across Support and other departments at Innovative.
- Contributes to the support knowledge base / procedures as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education, Licenses, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in library science or any other relevant degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting library patrons or staff.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Innovative software and a strong desire to gain more expertise across Innovative products.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to following through until customer issues are fully resolved
- Proven track record of increased expertise, dedication to excellent support and contributions to team-building efforts.
- Proven ability in learning new technology independently and adapting quickly to changing technologies.
- Proven ability in balancing multiple priorities and working effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Master's degree in library science highly preferred.
- Library Technical Services, System Administration, and/or Electronic Resource Management experience desired.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR INFORMATION
- Although duties are typically performed during normal business hours, occasional off-hours work may be required to meet customer and/or business needs.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Innovative Interfaces is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, or any other legally protected status and takes affirmative action to recruit, employ, train, and promote qualified minorities, women, covered veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Please apply via link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=iii.com&jobId=188958&lang=en_US&source=CC3
Innovative Interfaces creates cutting-edge technology products that allow libraries to succeed in a modern technology environment and the freedom to implement solutions that best meet their specific needs. An established company with a vision for the future, Innovative connects with thousands of libraries of all types in over 66 countries.
Innovative Interfaces is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:45:42 PDT