Senior Staff Assistant – Senior Channel Recruiter – Central New York
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 46-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 75,000 proud and successful alumni and partners while serving appropriately 17,500 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at 35 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Enrollment Management (OEM), seeks a full-time Senior Channel Recruiter (State Title: Senior Staff Assistant) to coordinate the recruitment efforts for the Central NY, Western NY, Mohawk Valley and Southern Tier territories as well as provide support to the North Country Territory. The Office of Enrollment Management is a dynamic, highly collaborative, student focused division dedicated to providing timely, high touch support through the student lifecycle.
- Provide recruitment leadership for Central, Western, Mohawk Valley and Southern Tier New York territories as well as provide support to the North Country territory
- In collaboration with channel recruiters, create, implement and deliver a recruitment plan focusing on enrollment growth within the college's undergraduate, graduate and nursing schools, including specific recruitment channels based on established strategic enrollment targets and goals
- Implement the recruitment plan that includes outreach, presentations and events that move prospective students from inquiry to application completion, collaborate with other college units to advance the plan as needed
- Organize open house events that meets the needs of prospective students
- Schedule and conduct information sessions and offer personalized advising for prospective students; train faculty and staff to deliver information sessions
- Create and foster a prospective student focused environment
- Develop and lead a partnership recruitment strategy targeting external businesses and organizations to identify, recruit and enroll prospective students
- Build relationships and establish feasible enrollment channels for the college
- Support and enhance enrollment growth opportunities within current partnerships and create new partnership opportunities in collaboration with the Office of Academic Affairs
- Cultivate leads generated from enrollment channels as part of a college-wide partnership initiative; provide information as to the status of these leads; assist in following up with organizational contacts; maintain database of contacts and results, and support existing organizational relationships
- Collaborate with the Office of Academic Affairs to align academic programming with partnership needs
- Serve as the primary liaison to regional community colleges
- Create and implement an outreach plan for engaging community college transfer advisors, students and faculty in enhancing their understanding of the opportunities at SUNY ESC
- Support community college transfer events, develop and maintain relationships with transfer offices, and promote the College's articulation agreement program
- Evaluate recruitment strategy against enrollment goals and make necessary adjustments
- Contribute to college-wide recruitment strategy via team meetings, projects assigned and collaboration with recruitment team
- Create reports as needed
- Assist the Associate Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing with recruitment administrative matters
- Assist in hiring, training, and making recommendations concerning the evaluation of recruitment support staff and channel recruiters
- Facilitate recruitment team meetings that bridge channel and regional recruitment strategies
- Supervises support and professional staff persons
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in higher education, business or non-profit; related to marketing, communications, recruitment, admissions, development or student affairs
- Minimum of 2 years' supervisory experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Effective listening, probing and assessment skills
- Experience working with data to analyze and evaluate outcomes
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in team-driven environment
- Master's degree
- Six or more years in higher education and experience in Recruitment, Enrollment Management, Admissions or related field
- Experience in adult and non-traditional education
- Experience with CRM and other data management tools
- Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Travel required within Central NY, Western NY, Mohawk Valley and Southern Tier New York territories and occasionally across the state
- VISA sponsorship is not available
- Valid driver's license required
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security