Commercial Construction Traveling Superintendent
TRAVELING SUPERINTENDENTS can be based ANYWHERE in the Continental US!
As a superintendent you will schedule, coordinate and supervise activities on job site. Provide overall on-site administrative and technical management of construction project site. May involve supervising one or more trade groups.
Additional Duties Include:
• Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, subcontractors, security, etc.
• Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
• Maintain liaison with estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs. Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
• Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
• Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
• Maintain official project log and documentation files.
• Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
• Assume additional responsibilities and additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
• Ability to be a "road warrior" and travel away from home for extended periods of time
• Educational and experience requirements include: 2 or more years of technical training and/or experience.
• Minimum of four years supervisory experience in similar facility construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures required.
• Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups is essential.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus program and comprehensive benefits package including health/dental benefits, 401(k) and training program.
Parkway Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer
From "Concept to Completion", Parkway Construction provides complete turn-key commercial construction services and architectural design to clients nationwide. Parkway's culture is driven by our core values of Integrity, Trust, and Respect. Ranked, again, in ENR's Top 400 Contractors, Parkway Construction continues to grow by building partnerships with our customers, delivering excellent solutions, and developing excellent people. Parkway is a national General Contractor and Architectural firm, licensed and experienced in all 50 states. The benefit to our clients is our ability to offer a single point of contact as they expand "Coast to Coast". With over 85% repeat business and a client list ranging from owner operated facilities to Fortune 100 companies, our portfolio is our best testimony for 35+ years.
You can learn more about us at www.ParkwayConstruction.com or, you can apply directly by going to http://bit.ly/ParkwayConstruction
Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:13:50 PDT