Perform a variety of technical and statistical duties involved in management and analysis of multiple large-scale datasets in conjunction with a research program in support of a statistical function.
1. Manages several large-scale longitudinal and cross-sectional datasets with phenotypic and genotyping information including (but not limited to) such tasks as downloading, updating, maintaining original data, performing data formatting and pre-processing, and quality control procedures. 10%
2. Constructs various analytic phenotypic and genetic data files from original datasets as required for the projects including combining multiple disparate raw databases using relevant software. Assists in harmonization of various phenotypes across examinations and different studies. 10%
3. Performs basic, intermediate, and advanced level statistical analyses under minimal supervision.
Generates required statistical output (e.g., tables, listings and figures) and participates in preparation of papers for publications and presentations. 40%
4. Develops own codes using relevant software (e.g., SAS, R) and validates results in collaboration with researchers. 20%
5. Conducts analyses using advanced mathematical models developed in the research team.
Assists in development of new advanced mathematical models and their implementation and dissemination in collaboration with other senior statisticians and researchers. 5%
6. Collaborates with Principal Investigator, senior researchers and statisticians regarding data management and statistical and modeling needs. Understands and complies with Data Use Agreements and other relevant regulations related to data management and analyses. 5%
7. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein. 10%
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel for this position.
Education Work requires a minimum of a Master's degree in (bio)statistics or related field and no relevant experience, or a Bachelor's degree in (bio)statistics or related field and 2 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination or relevant education and/or work experience.
Experience A working knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SAS and/or R) and solid command of the English language is required. Prior contribution to analysis of research projects and/or academic manuscripts (especially in genetic association analyses) is desirable. Experience in working in Linux/Unix environment is a plus.
2239 STATISTICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a minimum of a Master's degree in statistics, (bio)statistics or related field and no relevant experience, or a Bachelorsdegree in statistics, (bio)statistics or related field and 2 yearsrelevant experience, or an equivalent combination or relevant educationand/or work experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.