Primary role: The Academic Support team has the day-to-day responsibilities for configuring, implementing, and supporting approximately 8000 workstations and 7000 customers throughout Duke School of Medicine departments, institutes and centers. The role is for Device Support IT, focused nonuser technical support.
Essential tasks/responsibilities: This position is responsible for IT maintenance regarding workstations, printers, and peripheral devices, along with some ancillary support for application issues. Analysts are expected to be first point of contact for IT questions, liaison between DHTS and customer base in order to respond to business needs. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide primary support for issues pertaining to network, fileserver, desktop/laptop, printer, peripheral, and/or other user problems and when necessary, coordinate with other DHTS groups for a resolution.
• Participate in proactive device management and have strong communication skills, paying constant attention to customer needs.
• Ability to work independently to specific standards.
• Build, install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows/Mac based desktop/laptop computers, printers, and other peripherals (such as Smartphones and tablet devices).
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot software applications.
• Maintain user account, group, and network security practices.
• Maintain accurate documentation and inventory of all deployed hardware and software, as well as procedures regarding end user device support and operations.
• Provide VoIP secondary technical support and provide customer training and orientation for use of the technology.
• Perform customer training on all necessary applications and hardware, review and enforce security policies
• Participate in the group's 24x7 on call rotation.
• Windows/Macintosh file sharing and application support.
• Ancillary AV support to supported conference rooms/end user
• Serve as a point contact to interact with application/equipment vendors
• Provide support for remote access and international travel
• Work with other group members as a team for all of the above.
2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Work requires a minimum of 2 years verifiable device support experience with Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and training.
• Excellent computer support skills, including current Windows and Marcos X and a good understanding of workstation and file server operations, maintenance, and repair.
• Local area networks and communication fundamentals, including Microsoft Active Directory, Citrix presentation environment, database basic troubleshooting, not limited to server based connectivity issues.
• Understanding and basic knowledge of workstation remote management and software distribution.
• Excellent team skills, strong customer service focus, and positive personal behavior characteristics.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field, or equivalent coursework, technical training, or experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a customer service focus.
• Excellent technical documentation skills.
• Academic environment and/or Duke experience is desired Special competencies/credentials Remedy Incident Mgmt/Asset Mgmt TIL Academic environment and/or Duke experience Individual must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.