Manufacturing Engineer II
Under limited supervision, work as part of a team to implement design concepts and support product transition into manufacturing production. Establish methods to ensure that the manufacturing process produces maximum product reliability while maintaining low costs. This position is responsible for understanding all dimensions of the production processes and the most current events with production, inventory availability in finished goods, WIP, scheduled maintenance, anticipated delays and raw materials. This position is involved with Lean processes throughout the operation and will contribute to the lean and quality programs, 5S-operation, and continuous improvement programs. Create and encourage a learning team based organization that capitalizes on improvement opportunities, implements proactive processes to anticipate customer requirements, and provides applicable training and education to all employees to better enable them to achieve the Companies' objectives.
Summary of essential job functions
- Design of processes and corresponding internal systems.
- Create and maintain various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Develops and maintains procedures, methods or reports to assist in the efficient development of a production plan that will ensure that the manufacturing objectives of the business are met in a timely and cost effective way.
- Works with Production Planner to resolve Work Center constraints.
- Ensure off schedule conditions are being reported and corrective action or contingent plans are being implemented to minimize disruptions or schedule misses.
- Resolve technical issues affecting production by working with Maintenance.
- Prepares and develops plans for projects and programs involving coordination with other departments and/or outside organizations.
- Create & maintain BOM's, Routers & Engineering drawings.
- Oversee R&D projects and first run samples by "walking through" all associated parts step by step.
- Maintain effective communications regarding schedule adherence and capacity management of work centers.
- Meet or exceed existing or new requirements regarding productivity, utilization, efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Recommends new and improved tools, fixtures and methods to improve customer response time.
- Suggests and implements cost reduction ideas and quality improvements.
- Review current product line and assembly procedures and refine process for product and manufacturability improvements.
- Take lead in resolving any design, manufacturing or vendor issues required to complete projects.
- Contributes to the "Continuous Process Improvement" program for production to capture best practices and develops strategies to reduce waste and cost while increasing quality.
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and written, with all levels of the organization.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned by management.
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering (MANDATORY)
- 10 + years in face paced manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of statistical techniques and tools
- Effectively communicate verbal and written
- Willingness to exercise training and instruction
- Working knowledge in spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software
- Proficiency in SolidWorks modeling, analysis and verification testing
- Pneumatics and hydraulics
Founded by the Channell family in 1922, Channell Commercial is a global designer and manufacturer of equipment supplied to telephone companies and cable television network operators. Major product lines include a complete line of thermoplastic and metal fabricated enclosures, advanced copper termination and connection products, fiber optic cable management systems and heat shrink products. Channell Commercial resides in Temecula, California and is expanding manufacturing operations in Rockwall Texas.
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 16:49:56 PDT