Academic Assistant I
Academic Assistant IJob Description:
- Act as first-tier recruitment for the School. Assist with recruitment efforts and coordination for undergraduate programs (and some graduate). Meet with prospective undergraduate students visiting SA+AH, and travel to regional high schools and state colleges for recruitment presentations. Assist with managing and coordinating the undergraduate student ambassador program (a specialized recruitment and retention student group). Assist with special projects that support graduate program recruitment. Assist with communication with professional associations and other colleges and universities related to recruitment activities
- Act as a first contact for all undergraduate students trying to access advising and admissions services. Assist students with basic advising and admissions questions, providing them with basic literature, and directing them to and scheduling them with the Advisor, or other personnel, as appropriate.
- Coordinate processes and mass correspondence for Advising Office (admissions, scholarships, etc.). Create and maintain advising folders for students. Assist in coordination of materials for semester meetings involving honors, graduation, enrollment, etc. Prepare and coordinate portfolio review processes.
- Provide enrollment support by maintaining student distribution lists, maintaining record-keeping systems, preparing reports, and creating and maintaining application materials and records. Input or retrieve data relating to applications, student enrollment, course scheduling, grades, and course and instructor evaluations.
- Work with the School and College Administration to coordinate public relations efforts for the School, including coordinating social media communications (posts to Facebook, Twitter, SA+AH website about school events, etc.) and coordinating and distributing the School e-newsletter.
- Assist the School Administration with the preparation of the schedule of courses for the SA+AH (graduate and undergraduate). Input courses and classroom reservations into the appropriate central UF electronic systems. Make various room reservations for lectures, special seminars, conferences and exhibitions.
- Coordinate with School offices to collect and report grades for all undergraduate students with internships and individual studies. Coordinate and process change of grade reports and distribute grade reports for undergraduate and graduate students. Assure faculty and graduate teaching assistants comply with UF’s textbook adoption process. Assist with course fee procedures.
- Assist with front office coverage and support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competitive commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package. Salary Range: $30- $35KMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Higher education administration and visual arts experience preferred. Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references with contact information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No