Operations Risk Officer
As part of the second line of defense for WAB, the Operations Risk Officer will be responsible for monitoring operational risk, including identification of regulatory and organizational policies and standards. The position will facilitate independent risk assessments and risk management processes to ensure they are fully documented, performed efficiently and effectively, and meet WAL business and regulatory requirements. The position will also be responsible for maintenance of the TraceRisk system, i.e. documentation, maintenance, and enhancements.
Working in conjunction with other stakeholders within the Bank, the Operations Risk Officer will serve as a subject matter expert advisor to management concerning operational risks involving e-Banking, Deposits, ACH, RDC, wire transfers, etc. The role will perform risk assessments of various operational risk subjects and ensure that these risks are appropriately measured and monitored in the corporate risk universe.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, and the ability to explain risks that are often complex and obscure to various stakeholders. This includes the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships, and inform, guide and motivate operational process stakeholders to address risks with due care and attention to detail. In addition, this individual will have a strong understanding of operational risks and mitigation controls. This role requires the ability to multi-task to keep multiple projects on track simultaneously, facilitate consensus among multiple teams (risk, ops, IT) and stakeholders to ensure work can progress in a timely manner and deliver projected business results.
- Assist the Risk Manager in monitoring the risk universe for all operational subjects of risk including scoping, performance of risk assessments, conclusions, and the implementation and verification of management's corrective actions
- Monitor the correct implementation of necessary adjustments in systems and processes induced by new regulations or strategic changes
- Test information gathered to support KRI ratings, including testing of policy criteria and supervisory letter requirements.
- Regularly report information risk metrics to business unit management. Communicate operational related policies and standards and how they should be applied within the business units to ensure risk is managed to an acceptable level and compliance is achieved where it represents a significant risk to the business.
- Identify areas of unmanaged information risk within the current environment and work with the first line of defense to implement the appropriate controls to mitigate exposure.
- Collaborate with operational risk stakeholders to proactively identify potential risk exposures and partner with new product development teams and risk management function as needed to mitigate exposure.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert guidance to Risk Committees regarding operational governance
- Support the Chief Risk Officer and Risk Manager with interaction with regulatory exams and internal audits
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chief Risk Officer and/or Risk Manager
- 5+ years of relevant operational risk experience within the financial services industry
- Bachelor's degree (and/or MBA preferred) in Business Administration, Management, or related discipline.
- Ability to manage multiple processes and projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 20:06:34 PDT