Visiting Post-Production Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (A1700643)
Visiting Post-Production Specialist
Center for Innovation in Teaching & Learning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning invites applications for full-time Visiting Post-Production Specialist (VPPS). Applicants who meet the position requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
The mission of Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL) is to provide leadership for reflective and responsive teaching, educational innovation, and professional development. In collaboration with academic units of the campus, CITL designs, plans, and implements credit and noncredit programs offered to diverse audiences. This position resides within Online Strategy & Development, the division responsible for initiating and supporting both on- and off-campus credit programming using a variety of instructional delivery methods.
This position executes the post-production process for original multimedia curricular materials to enhance traditional, blended, and online curriculum for the University of Illinois. Working closely with CITL-IMR group, faculty, lecturers/instructors, and academic professionals, the Visiting Post-Production Specialist will plan and execute media production consistent with pedagogical and research goals. This position assists with the design and development of shared media resources to benefit the faculty, staff and students at the University of Illinois. This position is eligible for Alternative Worksite Agreements, pending mutual agreement between employee and employer, while in Visiting status.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and manage post-production workflows for media content, including; editing, sound design, animation/graphics development and integration, and other tasks related to preparing media content for distribution.
- Develop original animations and graphics to complement video content and demonstrate advanced educational concepts for learners.
- Work closely with IMR and other course development professionals to identify and meet the multimedia needs of the University's online and blended-courses, including those also openly offered through Coursera and other MOOCs.
- Ensure media content meets campus and State of Illinois accessibility law through building, testing, refining and confirming compliance of content.
- Work within CITL and with University groups to help develop long-term strategic planning for scalable media creation and distribution services.
- Maintain knowledge of and aptitude for evolving media forms, techniques and applications for education. This includes an understanding of software interfacing, distribution/codecs, software & hardware research, sound effects/music integration.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in filmmaking, video production, visual design, or related disciplines.
- Experience in video production with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated professional experience using the Adobe Production Suite (specifically- Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects).
- Advanced post-production skills including green screen masking, sound design, and animated graphics with After Effects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as in a self-directed, proactive, and creative manner.
- Demonstrated experience working in a quick-paced work environment with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and productively.
- Experience working in studio settings involving lighting design, working with green screens, and operating professional camera and sound equipment.
- Proven ability to successfully develop educational media content with faculty, lecturers/instructors, staff, and students.
- Advanced graphic design and animation skills.
- Demonstrated professional audio and video recording experience (field and studio).
- Experience distributing digital media in an online environment, including learning management systems (particularly, BlackBoard, Lon Capa, or Moodle).
- Experience creating and incorporating advanced graphic design and animation elements as part of a themed campaign in a video industry.
- Experience leading interdisciplinary projects and team members at varying levels of involvement.
- Post-baccalaureate degree in filmmaking, video production, visual design, or related disciplines.
Application: To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by October 26, 2017. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after October 26, 2017. Start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. This position is a 100% full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This visiting position may become permanent at a later date depending on department need and funding. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. Your cover letter or resume should contain a link to your portfolio or demo reel materials for committee review. The committee will not be reviewing materials submitted via physical media. In addition to the required background check, proof of degree(s) and/or any required certifications will be required upon acceptance of a contingent offer. For further information regarding application procedure, contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Post-Production Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (A1700643)
Open Date: 10/12/2017
Organization Name: Center Innov in Teach Learn