Grants and Contracts Specialist - Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology (A1700642)
GRANTS & CONTRACTS SPECIALIST
Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Description: Responsible for activities relating to pre- and post-award administration of the Grants and Contracts functions within the Institute for Genomic Biology.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the submission of research, training, and development grant proposals to external funding agencies.
- Prepare complex proposal budgets and budget justifications for proposal submissions.
- Coordinate proposal submission process through UIUC SPA Pre Award.
- Serve as liaison between Principal Investigators, UIUC SPA Pre Award, external funding agencies and subcontracting institutions.
- Provide data in preparation of the comprehensive monthly reports for administrative use and distribution to faculty and sponsors.
- Represent Institute at meetings, conferences, etc. with regard to pre-award processing.
- Supply feedback for the development of policies and procedures guiding the submission and initiation of proposals; monitors and evaluates requests for internal support for proposal completion.
- Maintain appropriate guidelines and applicable compliance procedures relative to sponsored programs.
- Monitor changes in federal and state legislation relative to grant and contract opportunities; make information available to principal administrative personnel involved in sponsored activities.
- Support tracking activities associated with cost share commitments for Institutes' proposals.
- Prepare reports to Principal Investigators and Institute administrators regarding status of proposals, grants and contract opportunities, or related information.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations with individuals/agencies within and external to the University.
- Perform other related duties as assigned that support the advancement of IGB's overall mission.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or related field, or bachelor's degree and applicable professional experience
- Required: A minimum of one year experience in Pre and/or Post award grants and contracts administration is required. Experience in a complex business, academic, research or government environment, preferably at an institution of higher learning.
- Preferred: Exposure to University of Illinois or fund accounting principles.
Training, Licenses or Certifications
- Preferred: University of Illinois Certified Research Administrator Certificate
- Required: Demonstrated ability to perform effectively with a professional demeanor in a diverse and fast-paced work environment consisting of multiple and changing priorities and stringent deadlines, under minimal supervision. Proficiency with commonly-employed software and database applications. Sound judgment. Ability to read and understand written material and extract important points. Effective communication, organizational, teamwork, analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong orientation to customer service.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of UIUC financial systems.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is a 12-month, 100% time academic professional appointment with regular University benefits. The proposed starting date is negotiable after the close date.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload: 1) your letter of interest (including email address); 2) resume; and 3) contact information for three professional letters of reference by October 26, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding the application procedures, you may contact Jacinda King, email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Vice Chancellor for Research
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Grants and Contracts Specialist - Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology (A1700642)
Open Date: 10/12/2017
Close Date: 10/26/2017
Organization Name: Institute for Genomic Biology