Facilities Management at CU Boulder is looking for a CDL Driver to operate trash trucks and automated recycling trucks on our beautiful Boulder campus. Applicants must have a CDL and three years of experience operating heavy duty equipment.
As a CDL Driver at CU Boulder, you will receive excellent benefits including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- EcoPass for free RTD rides (in Metro Area- can be used at any time)
- An unparalleled retirement plan with an employer contribution at 18% of your salary
Who we are:
Description of Solid Waste and Recycling Department: Facilities Management Recycling department collects over 1000 tons of recyclables per year and over 2000 tons of trash from the academic and research buildings on the CU-Boulder campus. Currently, the campus diversion rate is approximately 42% (the amount of waste that is diverted from the landfill and is either reused, recycled, or composted). Our goal is to reach a 90% diversion rate by the year 2020.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Collect solid waste from trash dumpsters by emptying dumpsters with the skills required to operate a front loader trash truck (3-axle) using a route supplied by supervisor.
- Clean, repair, or replace dumpsters as needed/requested AND during student breaks: spring, summer, winter.
- Collect recyclables from polycarts in the Housing areas of campus using the residential cart tipper package on the trash truck using a route supplied by supervisor.
- Clean, replace or repair polycarts as needed and ensure that the polycarts are properly labeled by material type (with clean, whole stickers).
- Perform major cleaning and repairing of containers during student breaks (spring, summer, winter).
- Use route sheets and other record keeping tools to verify collection of solid waste (from pre-designated route)
- Record problems with the collection of the material or container damage. Report damage or contamination to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance on vehicles by checking fluid levels, cleaning out vehicle body, checking seals, brakes and lubricating zirk points, and performing other Department of Transportation required inspections.
- Deliver solid waste to established landfill, properly eject the load, and clean compactor area of truck.
- Deliver recyclables to established processing facility, eject load into proper area of facility, and clean compactor area of truck.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position is: $39,684-$44,656
What you should know:
- This position requires a valid Colorado Commercial Driver's license, based on the federal regulations found here: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/administration/fmcsr/fmcsrruletext.aspx?reg=r49cfr391.11-a
- This position will require the incumbent to exert in excess of 100 lbs of force frequently.
- This is an essential services position. The incumbent is required to respond after hours during emergencies and report to work for regular assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
- The position is full-time, working four days per week, 10 hours per day.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (PERA), paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be collaborative. Be supported. Be yourself. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must be a current Colorado resident in order to apply.
- A valid Colorado Commercial Driver's license, class B.
- At least three years of experience in the operation of heavy duty equipment (equip. capable of carrying loads weighing more than 4 tons, and having at least two axles and two or more gears).
- Applicant must be able to pass Criminal and Motor Vehicle background check.
What you will need:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience operating a front-load trash truck
- Experience operating rear-load trash trucks
- One or more years of experience with minor welding
- Basic computer skills including ability to enter timecards electronically plus monitor and respond to e-mail correspondence
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 26, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10414.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10492 - Facilities Management
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 18, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00102675