Senior Systems Administrator
Who we are:
The Institute of Behavioral Science (IBS) is a research institute within the Graduate School of the University of Colorado Boulder. Since its establishment in 1957, it has provided a setting for interdisciplinary collaborative research on problems of societal concern. By engaging faculty from all the social and behavioral sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, IBS encourages work that transcends disciplinary boundaries, that illuminates the complexity of social behavior and social life, and that has important implications for social policy.
What your key responsibilities will be:
The Senior Systems Administrator will work with the IBS administrative team as well as faculty to provide systems administration support. This is a senior level position requiring significant knowledge of VMWare, Windows Server, Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Your responsibilities will include:
- Installation, configuration and system maintenance, including email and web servers.
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Evaluating and installing patches
- Resolving other software related problems.
- Monitoring data integrity and system security.
You will be part of the team that supports over 100 faculty, researchers, students and staff at the Institute of Behavioral Science (IBS) on the Boulder campus. Much of your day will be spent assisting others with Linux, Windows or applications related to social science research. You must be able to understand computer security and implement it in a practical way with highly confidential data. Creates and maintains and maintains security plans for highly confidential personal and research data.
What you should know:
Occasional weekend or evening work may be required.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this positions starts at $78,000 and will depend upon relevant background and experience. In addition, the University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement (with a 2-for-1 employer match), generous paid time off, tuition benefit and RTD ECO Bus Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be professional. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or similar studies OR a combination of combination of education and relevant experience may be substituted0 for the educational requirement on a year-to-year basis.
- At least 5 years of experience with various PC platforms/brands
- At least 2 years of experience with Mac OS X and Linux
- At least 2 years of experience with Active Directory, Windows security and GPOs
- At least 2 years of experience with securing both Windows and Windows Server against hackers and attacks
What you will need:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What we'd like you to have:
- Comp TIA A+ or MCP in Windows OS certification
- HDI certification a plus
- At least 2 years of experience with configuring and maintaining a LAMP stack under Linux
- Experience with configuring and maintaining a NAS server
- Experience setting up and maintaining an VMWare ESXi infrastructure
- Must be able to work as part of a team and train others on the team; to be both an individual contributor and a leader providing training for other IT professionals on the team.
- Broad knowledge of Linux, Windows Server, Windows Desktop and Mac OS.
- Keen understanding of computer security and ability to implement that understanding in a practical way with highly confidential data.
- Experience creating and maintaining security plans for highly confidential personal and research date.
- Able to understand performance issues and how to optimize systems under various workloads.
- Superlative customer service skills.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 26, 2017
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials AS ONE DOCUMENT/PDF to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please name your document as follows: First-Last-Resume-CL-11451.
During upload, please indicate the type of document to ensure accurate submission.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10071 - Behavioral Sci Inst-Admin
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 26, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00732368