Preventive Maintenance Mechanic
Facilities Management's Trades Services is seeking a Preventive Maintenance Mechanic to join our team. This position is part of the Preventive Maintenance Shop, performing inspections, minor repairs and preventive maintenance procedures on HVAC equipment, mechanical equipment and electrical rotating equipment. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, who is reliable and hard-working. This is an entry level position. We will invest in training our employees and it is anticipated that the employee will achieve career growth within the department. This full-time position offers excellent benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- EcoPass for free RTD rides
- Flex schedules
- An unparalleled retirement plan
Who we are:
The Preventive Maintenance Shop is responsible for ensuring the operations of mechanical-based equipment that serves vital functions all across the CU Boulder campus, from classrooms and faculty offices to laboratories that conduct advanced scientific research. Preventive Maintenance is a close-knit shop, where PM mechanics work together in teams to service the campus. As a PM mechanic, you will help to stop mechanical failures before they even start, as well as perform surveys on equipment in order to develop and refine maintenance processes.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspection procedures (PMs) on mechanical based equipment. The equipment includes air compressors, air filters, chillers, cooling towers, condensers, cold rooms, coils, vacuum pumps, hydronic pumps, rotating equipment, boilers, furnaces, cold rooms, CRAC units, evaporative coolers, electric motors and air conditioning units. This duty also includes seasonal startup/shut down of related equipment and minor repairs of all components.
- Conducts building surveys and documents findings. These surveys may be related deferred maintenance audits or collecting information about equipment to develop new or refined preventive maintenance processes.
What you should know:
This position may be required to work alternative shifts, for example, Tuesday - Saturday or 3:30 PM - 12:00 AM. This is an Essential Services position. The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for their regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
What we can offer:
The monthly salary for this position is $3,767 and is non-negotiable.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be impactful. Be collaborative. Be effective. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Must be a current Colorado resident in order to apply.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in maintaining commercial building mechanical systems. OR Successful completion of a formalized pipefitting, or heating, ventilation and air conditioning apprenticeship program, or higher level non-correspondence coursework in the same fields from an accredited vocational school or university may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must pass criminal and motor vehicle background checks.
What you will need:
- Customer Service Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication skills
- Technical Expertise
- Ability to work well within a team environment
What we'd like you to have:
- Previous experience in the building trades
- Two (2) or more years of experience performing preventive maintenance procedures on mechanical/electrical components and systems along with an equivalent amount of training in this field
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by October 26, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10525.
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10492 - Facilities Management
Posting Date: Oct 12, 2017
Closing Date: Oct 26, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00107480