Human Resources Coordinator (Temporary)
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The HR Coordinator works collaboratively with Human Resources (HR) team and other HR staff, liaisons and partners, hiring managers, Payroll, Budget, and vendors to deliver and track services, provide information and procedural guidance, and to execute transactions related to HR programs and services for employees and other customers. Also provides efficient, effective, and customer-centered basic reporting services.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the Benefits Team via phone, email and in-person.
- Works with Payroll to ensure HR meets deadlines for timely and accurate payments to monthly and biweekly employees. Follows repeatable and auditable processes and procedures to resolve payroll related issues.
- Ensures timely execution of transactions and consistent application of HR guidelines for employment, compensation, benefits, and use of systems. Initiates and follows up on completion of documentation and process steps. Conducts data entry audits to ensure accuracy and integrity of data and resolves discrepancies.
- Interprets forms, collects and organizes information, and uses advanced systems and techniques to accurately and efficiently process HR transactions (i.e. hiring, compensation/merit increases, and benefits). Works with employees, HR liaisons and partners, HR Talent Management (recruiting), and hiring managers to ensure timely collection, verification, and completion of necessary information. Advises on procedures, forms, and HR systems use.
- Performs administrative duties at HR front desk. Responds to questions using knowledge base resources. Performs information searches to create, use, and maintain knowledge base. Resolves HR related matters and refers more complex issues.
- Uses automatic call distribution system tools, HR website, University web information, and problem solving tracking software to document questions, service requests, and resolutions. Uses standard protocols and procedures to track and monitor responses to questions and transactions.
- Uses appropriate reporting tools to deliver basic reporting/information requests.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associate’s degree or two years college coursework in HR, Information Systems, Business, Pre-Law, or Communications.
- At least one year of experience using advanced/integrated ERP systems, web applications, Microsoft Office applications, and Human Resources experience in a benefits related role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge and experience supporting HR functions such as benefits and compensation, equal opportunity and compliance, and HRIS.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality pertaining to information contained in employee records and system data. Ability to hold sensitive information confidential, HIPAA Privacy Regulations.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards, with the ability to project a cooperative and professional demeanor when working with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to maintain composure and effectiveness when interacting with difficult people and/or situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in person, email, or by phone. Strong interpersonal skills. Bilingual ability a plus.
- Proficiency using HR service center related computer applications (i.e. web, email/calendar, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, databases, basic reporting tools, ERP systems, ACD systems, and service case tracking tools).
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to organize information and prioritize duties in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, continuous improvement, and customer-centric environment and to quickly adapt to new procedures.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States