Certified Research Phlebotomist
Providing medical and laboratory support for research studies. Primary tasks include drawing and processing blood samples, maintaining appropriate labeling and organized storage of samples, shipping samples, and transporting samples when necessary. Certification in phlebotomy required. Additional tasks include maintaining medical supply and equipment inventory, organizing and tracking blood samples, maintaining participant paperwork and logs, and providing prompt and effective communication with investigational staff, laboratory/research staff, outside agencies and anyone associated with research protocols.
IEBC (Internal Employee Being Considered)
Certified Research Phlebotomist
7H090:CENTER ON DRUG & ALCOHOL RESEA
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The essential job functions of this position require you to: communicate and build working relationships with staff, faculty and individuals from diverse backgrounds; abide by University guidelines; maintain confidentiality; prioritize and manage work effectively; provide exceptional customer service and positively represent the university; ensure work is detailed, accurate and completed in a timely manner; lift, push, and/or pull objects up to 50lbs; transport objects up to 25lbs; and possible exposure to cuts/punctures, bloodborne/airborne pathogens, and/or challenging individuals.
Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
The ideal candidate must be customer service oriented and have excellent attention to detail. Must be willing to be respectful and accepting of a substance using population.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current phlebotomy certification?
- * This position is located in Hazard, Kentucky. Do you live in Hazard, or are you willing to commute to Hazard for this position?
- * Are you willing to work in a respectful manner with a substance abuse population?
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter