Manager Talent Analytics and Data Management
Houston Community College (HCC) is an open-admission, public institution of higher education offering a high-quality, affordable education for academic advancement, workforce training, career development and lifelong learning to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. We're proud to say that 98 percent of our graduates step into a job in their field of study immediately upon graduation. One of the largest community colleges in the nation, HCC has served the Greater Houston area for over four decades. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the Schools Commission on Colleges, we offer 300+ associate degree and certificate programs to 75,000+ students across 13 Centers of Excellence and online each semester. We are proud to be No.1 among all community colleges in the nation in providing associate degrees to minorities and No.1 in educating international students, with 10.4 percent of our student population from outside the USA. Our vision is to become the Employer of Choice in support of our mission for Student Success by attracting, retaining and motivating the best employees.
Some of the brightest minds in academics and business are choosing HCC as their teaching home. When you join our talented faculty team, you'll play a special role as teacher, mentor and academic advisor. We'll support you in your professional development as you contribute your knowledge and expertise to HCC, our students and the community.
The Manager, Talent Analytics & Data Management will work closely with management and staff of all levels on the management of data, talent analytics, and reporting. In addition to creating custom reports and dashboards for staff throughout Houston Community College, this position is responsible for data management, analyzing processes and existing applications, assisting in the development of process design specifications and working with IT to develop requirements to automate business processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the vision for Talent Reporting and support the Talent reporting and workforce analytics strategy by ensuring the systems are managed to provide highly reliable data;
- Develop, test, maintain, and implement reports, reporting tools, analytics and dashboards, while performing reporting and analysis;
- Collaborate with Manager Talent Technology to deconstruct and rebuild established Talent Technology data management processes to better leverage existing technologies for greater effectiveness;
- In collaboration with the Manager, Talent Technology, define the Talent Technology Analytics roadmap and implementation of Reporting tools in the future, incorporating current systems and desired future state and guide the development of overall strategy related to talent data and systems for the entire employee life cycle;
- Develop, analyze, streamline and document new and existing Talent Technology business processes that impact reporting and analytics;
- Oversee and participate in testing during new software and system projects as well as upgrades related to reporting and data management;
- Provide supervision, guidance and mentoring to the talent technology data management team;
- Prioritize the requests received for Analytics & Reporting;
- Analyze data and develop business dashboards for executives, talent engagement leadership and managers;
- Work directly with the executives, directors, and managers to gather information and to identify and resolve issues throughout all phases of dashboards and report development;
- Write and maintain appropriately detailed documentation and technical requirements for IT specifications and train and support talent technology analyst in relational data management & reporting;
- Assist with implementation of new software and systems, involving planning, testing and implementing data conversion and data migration, as required;
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in all aspects of the job;
- Maintain effective working relationships with peers and IT staff;
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested;
- Participate in professional development activities to keep current with technology and practices;
- Manage transition of upgrades of systems by ensuring existing data has been scrubbed and updated and maintain quality and consistency of database information; and
- Work with team members to scope, design, test, document, and maintain various applications and related systems, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field required.
EXPERIENCE Five (5) years of demonstrated experience with enterprise information systems to support business processes required, preferably with PeopleSoft HCM v9.2 or higher. Management experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Analytical ability to determine how to optimize data and systems to support business processes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization, understand user needs, and offer suggestions to improve their requests;
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive data with the greatest degree of confidentiality;
- Experience in interpreting user needs and building automation plans to assist users;
- Must have knowledge of relational databases and reporting;
- Must fully understand PeopleSoft database complexity and ability to generate and format accurate reports, which requires the ability to investigate and aggregate data, and analyze resulting information to meet end-user criteria;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills, utilizing reporting and dashboard software;
- Coordinate and conduct tests for system upgrades and quality check results;
- Ability to write and maintain technical and non-technical instructions in the use of programs/reports and/or program/report/ modifications, in addition to presenting results as needed;
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise;
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures; and
- Ability to be on call regularly.
Houston is a city with limitless possibilities:
- Fourth-largest city in the U.S. and home to 54 Fortune 500 companies, second only to New York City's 55.
- Approximately 145 languages are spoken here.
- Overall after-taxes living costs are 5.6 percent below the average for all 308 urban areas recently surveyed.
- Houston is a major-league sports town, and don't forget the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo.
- The weather is great! Mild winters ensure that outdoor activities can be enjoyed year-round.
- World-renowned medical care. The Houston metro area has long been known for its first-rate healthcare system, with many Houston area hospitals consistently ranking among the nation's top institutions.
- With over 150 museums and cultural institutions in the Greater Houston area, museums are a large part of Houston's cultural scene.
- Houston is the Culture & Culinary Capital of Texas with more than 7,500 restaurants and eating establishments covering 60+ cuisines.
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply right away.
Houston Community College does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies
David Cross, Director EEO/Compliance, Title IX Coordinator
Office of Institutional Equity
PO Box 667517
Houston TX, 77266
713 718.8271 or Institutional.Equity@hccs.edu
HCC values its employees and their contributions, promotes opportunities for their professional growth and development, and provides a positive working and learning environment that encourages diversity, innovation and creativity, and inclusion.
Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact (713) 718-8565.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.